The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is seeking an energetic and talented BC/BE pediatric pulmonologist to join the Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Allergy, and Immunology within its nationally recognized Department of Pediatrics in coastal Charleston, SC. Qualified pediatric pulmonologists will enjoy a rewarding and diverse career that includes clinical care, involvement in leading-edge research, and the education of future leaders in pediatric care.
- Board certified or board eligible Pediatric Pulmonologist
- Committed to MUSC’s educational missions and enthusiastic about teaching
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills, with interest in program development opportunities
In 2020, MUSC Children’s Health opened the Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and Pearl Tourville Women’s Pavilion, a 100,000 square foot, 250-bed, state-of-the-art building that is transforming the delivery of fetal, women’s and children’s care in the region. Supporting the outstanding clinical care at our Children’s Hospital and Women’s Pavilion is the Charles P. Darby Children’s Research Institute, the largest pediatric research facility in the Carolinas, and one of only 15 like it in the country.
Learn more about the Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital: musckids.org/about-us/sjch
- Dedicated Children’s ambulatory campus and hospital, with multi-disciplinary pediatric subspecialties, laboratories, pharmacies, infusion suites and radiology
- Collaboration with pediatric ENT, GI, cardiology and many other specialties
- Robust outpatient clinics mixed with inpatient consult service
- Join a collaborative team of 3 pulmonary faculty, 1 pulmonary APP, 2 allergy faculty, respiratory therapists, and nursing staff
- Comprehensive pediatric pulmonary function lab including exercise testing
- Opportunity for development of an inpatient BPD team with close collaboration with NICU and PICU
We will provide:
- Dedicated departmental clinical research team
- Epic EMR platform
- Relocation assistance
- Faculty appointment with academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications
- Excellent benefits package, including a pension and optional tax-deferred contributions
- Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
- CME allowance + time off
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it’s easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty.
In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Lowcountry cuisine prepared by world-class chefs. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
Founded in 1824, the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) continues to uphold its long tradition of excellence in education, research and patient care. MUSC educates and trains more than 3,000 students and nearly 800 residents in six colleges and has more than 17,000 employees. As the state’s only integrated academic health sciences center and largest non-federal employer in Charleston, the university and its affiliates have collective annual budgets in excess of $3.2 billion, with an annual economic impact of nearly $4 billion and annual research funding in excess of $284 million.
We invite you to join the team committed to "changing what’s possible" and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration.