Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Pagosa Springs, CO
Are the mountains calling you? Full-time and PRN Emergency Department physician opportunities available.
Pagosa Springs Medical Center Emergency Department has opportunities available for physicians looking for full-time or PRN employment. If you are looking to work with excellent, friendly staff and either live in or just regularly visit a beautiful, small mountain town surrounded by national forest and ample outdoor activities, look no further. We don t just offer work/life balance, we LIVE it!
Our 7 bed Emergency Department averages between 7000 and 8000 patients through the door per year. For full-time employed physicians, full benefits are available including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. For more information or to apply, please send your CV to Krista Starr.
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine or have extensive Emergency Medicine experience.
- Full-time is generally 10 to 12 shifts per month with an equitable mix of days, nights, weekends and holidays
- PRN is coverage on an as-needed basis based on PSMC need and physician availability.
- Medical Center employment
- For full-time and PRN physicians PSMC and Provider each contribute 6% of earnings to a 401a Retirement subject to I.R.S. contribution and compensation limits and five-year vesting. Voluntary participation in 457 plan.
- PSMC provides professional liability insurance coverage.
- For full-time employed physicians, PSMC provides a relocation stipend of $10,000 payable after relocation and two weeks after starting work.
- For full-time employed physicians, PSMC provides a CME allowance of $6,000 annually (gross and subject to taxes).
- Compensation is $175 per hour for day shifts and $180 per hour for night shifts.
- PSMC is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
About Pagosa Springs Medical Center
Pagosa Springs Medical Center has an attractive facility in a scenic town. PSMC is an independent, patient-centered facility, which opened its doors in 2008. The medical center operates both a hospital and an outpatient rural health clinic. PSMC is licensed for 11 inpatient beds and has board certified physicians caring for patients via our level IV trauma center. PSMC offers a range of specialty services including, oncology, infusion, general surgery, orthopedics, cardiology, and neurology. PSMC has on-site diagnostic imaging including CT, mammography, and MRI together with an on-site radiologist and access to Colorado s largest team of tele-radiologists. PSMC offers a 24/7 emergency department, EMS/ambulance, physical therapy, respiratory therapy and lab. Our outpatient clinic is attached to the hospital and was built in 2016; the clinic has 32 exam rooms for primary care services, behavioral health, and our specialty clinic services.
About Our Community
Pagosa Springs is not only a wonderful place to work and play, and it is also a wonderful place to live and raise a family. Pagosans are warm and friendly people, proud of their community and proud of their medical center. The Pagosa Springs area boasts great public schools in addition to a variety of alternative education options available. The region offers numerous recreational opportunities, especially for lovers of the outdoors. Wolf Creek, known for the "most snow in Colorado," is just 24 miles away and is surrounded by trails for snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling. Hiking, biking, ATV riding, hunting, boating, fly-fishing, and kayaking opportunities abound in the warmer months. Pagosa Springs is home to the world s deepest geothermal hot spring and is located one hour east of Durango, CO and a short drive north of the New Mexico state line.
It would be our pleasure to have you visit us at Pagosa Springs Medical Center, so we can provide you with additional information about our exemplary critical access hospital, adjoining rural health clinic and the wonderful Pagosa Springs community! For more information about this opportunity, please contact Krista Starr.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Krista Starr at email@example.com and see our facility at https://pagosaspringsmedicalcenter.org