Title: Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN) Physician
Location: Eureka, California
Practice: Providence Medical Group of Humboldt County
Setting: Providence St. Joseph Hospital Eureka Child Birth CenterObstetrics & Gynecology (OBGYN) Position Overview
Providence Medical Group has an excellent opportunity for a full-time physician who is board-eligible/board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) to join a well-established outpatient team in Eureka, California. In this role, you will work with a dedicated and compassionate team while providing a mix of inpatient and outpatient care. St Joseph Eureka Hospital has a recently remodeled Childbirth Center that sees an average of three to seven deliveries per physician each week. There are many support services in place including experienced Certified Nurse Midwives, a strong team of Anesthesiologists, Pediatric Hospitalists, and a Level II NICU. This position also offers an opportunity to educate Family Medicine residents as well. Enjoy being part of a compassionate and mission-driven team located in the beautiful and welcoming coastal community of Eureka, California.Position Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Clinic Hours are Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Ideal candidates will be eager to support a compassionate and mission-oriented organization working to provide every patient with exceptional care.
- Collaborate with referring physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide coordinated care.
What We Offer:
- Medical Doctor – MD, DO, MBBS, or Equivalent.
- Board Certified/Board-Eligible in Obstetrics and/or Gynecology (OBGYN).
- Board-Certified or Board-Eligible in Family Medicine with Obstetrics.
- Valid California medical license or eligible for licensure in the state of California.
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical excellence and patient-centered care.
- A collegial and supportive environment within a growing and well-established Obstetrics & Gynecology team.
- State-of-the-art facilities and technology at Providence St. Joseph Hospital Eureka.
- A competitive compensation package, including comprehensive benefits.
- Teaching opportunities with the Family Medicine residents.
- Opportunities for professional growth, including continuing medical education and leadership development.
- A balanced professional lifestyle in the scenic and vibrant community of Eureka, CA.
- H1B Visa Candidates are encouraged to apply.
- New Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- PSLF – Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Potential for Leadership in OBGYN
The ideal candidate will have an interest in playing a key role in the growth and further development of the OBGYN program. Numerous opportunities for leadership exist for qualified candidates, including:
- Associate Medical Director, Acute Labor and Delivery.
- Associate Chief, Division of OBGYN.
- Director of Robotic Surgery (newly acquired da Vinci Surgical Robot arrived in November 2023).
- Obstetrics and Gynecology (OBGYN) Program
Our personalized approach to obstetrics and gynecology (OBGYN) puts our patients at the center of everything we do. So, whether you’re giving birth, or looking for the best diagnostic treatment and care for your gynecological needs, we are available to help diagnose your condition and design a customized treatment plan that’s right for you.Childbirth Center at Providence St. Joseph Hospital Eureka
At Providence St. Joseph Hospital Eureka’s Childbirth Center, we offer family-centered maternity care that’s designed to focus on your needs and your baby’s. We’re recognized by the California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative for our work to reduce the number of unnecessary cesarean sections. Our trial of labor after cesarean (TOLAC) and vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) services contribute to these efforts.
We have the only Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) on the North Coast. Staffed with specially trained healthcare professionals and offering advanced technology, our NICU provides your newborn with highly specialized care if the need arises.
Our NICU nurses have advanced training in neonatal resuscitation, stabilization, and continued care for ill or premature babies. We provide neonatal transports throughout Humboldt and Del Norte counties with specialized neonatal nurses from our NICU.
We also participate in the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco Perinatal Outreach Program. Our partnership with UCSF provides:
How to Apply
- Around-the-clock clinical consultation with maternal-fetal medicine specialists and neonatologists
- Continuing education courses for our team
- Emergency response drills and simulations
Providence Health Systems has retained the services of Academic Med to assist with this strategically important physician recruitment effort. Please direct your applications, inquiries, or nominations to: Stacy Olsen, firstname.lastname@example.org.EEO Statement
Providence is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, or sexual orientation. Providence also provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, as well as free language services to people whose primary language is not English.
At Providence, our strength begins with understanding. We take time to see, hear, and value everyone who walks through our doors—patient or caregiver, family support person or volunteer. Regardless of your role or goals, we’ll support you in your career, so you can bring your best to work every day and help our communities flourish for years to come.