Physician - OBGYN/OB HospitalistPosition Type:
Full TimeHR Rep / Recruiter:
OBGYN Hospitalist Opportunity!!
Top performing Hospital in Atlanta!Responsibilities
Passionate about caring for OBGYN patients in a hospital setting? So are we. Join our team of Pediatrix® Medical Group OB hospitalists at Piedmont Eastside Medical Center in Snellville, GA. Our goal is to provide quality patient care and in-hospital coverage for obstetric and gynecologic emergencies, advance quality care, and enhance safety.
About our practice
- Our team includes four OB hospitalists who work six to eight 24-hour shifts a month, leaving ample time off for family, friends and recreation
- We have a dedicated call room, 24-hour, in-house anesthesia services, physician work-room and lounge areas in the unit, in addition to a physician cafeteria with complimentary meals when the hospital cafeteria is open
- The EHR is EPIC and the fetal monitoring system is CPN
- General responsibility overview: Triage/care for unassigned OB and GYN patients, ER and floor consults, respond to emergencies on L&D/postpartum, surgical assistance at C/S's, call coverage for private physicians.
- Eastside Medical Center is recognized as a top-performing hospital in the state of Georgia for patient safety by the Leapfrog Group's latest safety report.
Snellville is conveniently located approximately 18 miles east of Atlanta. It has become one of the fastest growing cities in Gwinnett County. Snellville's continued growth stems from the southern hospitality of its residents and the diversity of its surroundings. With an abundance of restaurants, shopping centers and nearby attractions, there is something to do for everyone.
Our National Pediatrix OB Hospitalist Team
While we serve a local community, our clinicians have opportunities to collaborate and share knowledge with our nationwide network of specialists.
? 225+ OB hospitalists
? 12 states
? 40+ locations
?I joined Pediatrix in July 2017 after a 21-year career in private practice OBGYN. I am now an OB hospitalist and love that this job allows me to continue to do what I love but with a much improved work-life balance. Pediatrix is a great company to work for; the sheer size of it allows for cross coverage from different practices. The camaraderie among different practices is fantastic. I have never felt a lack of support when we are down a doctor. The company provides so many learning opportunities, too.?
? Lori Smetana, M.D., OB Hospitalists of Spokane, part of Pediatrix® Medical GroupQualifications
BE/BCBenefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.About Us
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation's leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.#CL