* Specialty: OB/GYN
* Subspecialty Interest: Academics
* Schedule: Full-time
* Call Schedule: 1:5
* Practice Detail: Employed faculty practice with four residents per year for a total of 16 residents in the program, and five physicians who serve as core faculty.
* EMR System: Cerner
* Facility: Ascension St. John Hospital
* Location: Detroit, Michigan
* Visa Eligibility: None
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension St. John Hospital is seeking a BE/BC OB/GYN Faculty physician for their accredited OB/GYN residency program.
* Subspecialty back-up available in MFM, Uro Gyn and Gyn Onc coverage.
* The NICU is a 33-bed, Level III unit with 24/7 coverage by fellowship trained Neonatal-Perinatal physicians.
* Employed position with Ascension St. John Hospital and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including malpractice coverage.
Ascension St John Hospital is in one of the most desirable areas in the United States. The Grosse Pointe communities offer some of the finest real estate in Michigan with public and private schools which consistently rank at the top of the nation. Year-round recreational and social activities abound.
* Blend of inpatient and outpatient work, OB deliveries and performing GYN surgeries.
* Opportunity to provide clinical, teaching and supervising medical students and residents.
* For a portion of the clinical component, the candidate will have the opportunity to see their own panel of private practice patients in the office.
* Opportunities are present for administrative roles in hospital committees, educational programs and quality initiatives.
* Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
* Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
* Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required.
* Completion of OBGYN residency program
* BE/BC OBGYN
* Candidates who have an interest in doing some clinical research would be desirable but is not a requirement
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.