MUSC Health- Lancaster Medical Center is seeking a Gastroenterologist to care for the rapidly growing local population of Lancaster County, SC alongside two other Gastroenterologists and three Advanced Practice Practitioners. This position will have the opportunity to grow a practice with the support of excellent local hospital staff, hospitalists, intensivists and general surgeons. As a partner and collaborator with our academic medical center, you’ll have access to advanced technologies such as specialty and sub-specialty diagnostic support, and direct affiliation with clinical centers of excellence, all to better empower you to increase and optimize care locally.
About this position:
- Must be Board Eligible/Board Certified
- 75% Outpatient / 25% Inpatient
- Very busy, high-volume practice
- 1:3 call days (not to exceed 10 days per month) with APPs covering first call on weekends
- Ability to perform advanced endoscopic procedures desired
- GI Suite and Office located on hospital campus
- Enjoy a wonderful balance of work and play with time to enjoy time with your family
- Many great options to choose where to live – Rock Hill, SC (home of Winthrop University), Ft. Mill, SC, Indian Land, SC, and Charlotte, NC along with its many emerging suburban areas like Ballantyne and Waxhaw
- J1 Visa candidates encouraged to apply
We will provide:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Eligible Employer
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Employer-funded retirement plan
- CME allowance + time off
- Epic EMR
- MUSC affiliate faculty appointment, and the resources which accompany an academic medical center, such as access to the MUSC medical library
Lancaster, SC, is located just 45 minutes (42 miles) away from the Charlotte metropolitan area, and serves as the seat of Lancaster County, the sixth fastest-growing county in the Carolinas. The city is home to the University of South Carolina at Lancaster, the largest of the university’s regional campuses, and boasts ample outdoor recreation opportunities, including 360-acre Andrew Jackson State Park. With access to great shopping, restaurants, state parks, golf courses, and a vibrant art community, Lancaster, SC, is a great place to call home.
Learn more about Lancaster, SC:
Charlotte, NC, one of the 25 largest cities in the United States, and the largest city in North Carolina, is home to nearly 800,000 citizens. In Charlotte, you’ll find the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, numerous entertainment venues, and the National Whitewater Center. Excellent public-school systems, a buzzing culinary scene, an international airport (CLT), and short driving distances to beach getaways and mountain escapes make Charlotte a great option for MUSC Lancaster Medical Center physicians.
MUSC Health - Lancaster Medical Center is a 225-bed, all-private room facility. Lancaster Medical Center believes in the power of people to create great care — with approximately 1,000 physicians and care team members. Lancaster Medical Center is a place where technology and skilled professionals come together to provide compassionate, customer-focused care. We work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring, and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
Lancaster Medical Center offers acute care, diagnostic services, women’s health including obstetrics, orthopaedic services, cardiac services, general and laparoscopic surgery, rehabilitation, emergency treatment, wound care and more. Lancaster Medical Center is an Accredited Chest Pain Center as designated by The American College of Cardiology, as well as a Primary Stroke Center as designated by the Joint Commission. Both accreditations demonstrate Lancaster Medical Center's commitment to the highest standards in the country in the areas of stroke and cardiac care.
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), is dedicated to the pursuit of changing what’s possible in health care. Nationally recognized for its innovation, patient, and family-centered care, and quality outcomes, this integrated health care system is accessible at the downtown Charleston campus, four regional medical centers, and through more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network.