Banner - University Medical Center (BUMCP) is recruiting BC/BE Geriatric Medicine Physician to provide inpatient care in its Acute Care for Elders (ACE) unit on its campus in central Phoenix. The Division of Geriatric Medicine enjoys a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative culture, comprised of physicians and APPs, and serves as the main source of clinical education for medical students, residents, and geriatrics fellows at University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. The Division has an excellent Acute Care for Elders (ACE Unit), and partners with orthopedics, trauma surgery and medical sub-specialties to provide high quality evidence based care to our older patients. BUMCP is a designated Age Friendly Health system and an accredited Geriatric Emergency department.
BUMCP is the flagship hospital and largest academic medical center within Banner Health with more than 650 licensed patient care beds. As a Level 1 trauma center and transplant center, BUMCP is the central hub for care for medically complex patients. Recognized as one of only two hospitals in Arizona by Beckers Hospital Review as a Great Hospital in America, BUMCP is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and educational innovations to prepare the next generation to serve our community. The Division of Geriatric Medicine and Department of Internal Medicine have specific faculty-led programs to support career growth through opportunities in:
- Clinical excellence and health equity
- Medical education and mentorship
- Innovation and investigation
- Quality improvement and patient safety
- Service to the institution and community
Work Schedule: Shift based scheduling, 12-hr shifts/month (7 days on/7 days off),
- Completion of an Internal Medicine or Family Medicine; and Geriatric Medicine fellowship
- Board certification or eligibility in Geriatric Medicine
- Direct experience managing complex patients.
- A strong interest in academic work including teaching, professional development, quality improvement, grant writing, innovation and research.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated experience or interest working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment.
- Demonstrated achievement as an educator, scholar, clinician, and/or leader.
- Palliative care, nursing home, long term care, hospice experience.
- Spanish language proficiency
- Experience working with advanced practice providers to support optimal care.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package with incentive opportunities, as well as an academic appointment at the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!