* Specialty: OB/GYN Hospitalist
* Schedule: FT, 12 hour shifts with expansion to 24 hour shifts
* Call Schedule: NO call schedule, dedicated shifts only
* Practice Detail: Join Ascension Saint Agnes OB/GYN department with certified nurse midwife support
* EMR System: Multiple
* Facility: Ascension Saint Agnes Hospital
* Location: Baltimore, MD
* Visa Eligibility: N/A
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension Saint Agnes is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) Hospitalist for our Women's Health Department.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Saint Agnes to provide medical services to patients.
* Our high-volume obstetrics service delivers over 1,700 babies per year, ensuring extensive experience managing a wide range of pregnancies and complications.
* Our state-of-the-art Level III NICU is staffed 24/7 by board-certified neonatologists and specially trained nurses to provide critical care for high-risk newborns.
* Around-the-clock Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialty coverage gives physicians instant access to experts in managing complex maternal conditions and high-risk pregnancies.
* The department includes fellowship-trained gynecologic oncologists available 24 hours a day for urgent consultations and expert care of cancers and complex pelvic surgery.
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
* Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
About Ascension Saint Agnes
* For over 150 years, Saint Agnes, built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, is comprised of care teams who are committed to providing the best care for our patients.
* Saint Agnes is a part of Ascension, one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the country.
* 251-bed full-service teaching hospital with residency programs in a number of medical and surgical specialties
* Ascension Saint Agnes offers emergency as well as a variety of inpatient and outpatient services. That is in addition to our Six Institutes that focus in the areas of Cancer, Orthopedics and Spine, Cardiovascular, Women and Children, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery.
* Baltimoreans have a lot to love about Baltimore with its famous crab cakes, major sports teams -the Orioles (baseball) and the Ravens (football), its beautiful historic harbor, diverse historical sites with three centuries of history, and its proximity to other major cities ? NYC, Washington DC, and Philadelphia.
* Although it's a large city, and it is the fourth largest school district in Maryland, it has received an award for Urban School Board Excellence from the Council of Urban Boards of Education.
* Besides its great education, there are home buying incentives for its residents. There are many incentive programs for homebuyers, homeowners, and renters that are managed by different city departments or nonprofits making relocation options easy.
* With more than 130 attractions, museums, historic sites and performing arts groups, Baltimore promises something for everyone.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Saint Agnes in Baltimore, Maryland operates a full-service, 254-bed teaching hospital, the Ascension Saint Agnes Medical Group, Ascension Saint Agnes Imaging Center and Ascension Saint Agnes Foundation. As an associate, you will be a part of a team that is committed to providing a place of respect and inclusion for all associates, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique p