* Specialty: Cardiology
* Subspecialty Interest: Interventional/Invasive
* Schedule:Full-time; M-F
* Call Schedule: 10 days/mo.
* Practice Detail: 6 physicians, 4 APP's
* EMR System: athena/Cerner
* Facility: Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast
* Location: Destin, FL
* Visa Eligibility: No
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension Sacred Heart is looking for a BC/BE Interventional or Invasive Cardiologist to join our team in Destin, Florida.
* Well-respected and collegial group of cardiologists
* Largest employed primary care group in the region
* Organizational support as part of a regional care team
* Live and work on the beautiful Gulf Coast of FL
* Will consider invasive cardiologists as well
* Quality cath lab with EP support as well
About Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast
* As part of Ascension ? the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system ? Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
* Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically, and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
* The Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach, Panama City, and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart ? Northwest Florida's only children's hospital ? and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida.
* Dedicated to providing high quality, person-centered care, Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the country for patient safety, experience and satisfaction. All hospitals strive to offer great medical care -- but some do a better job than others. Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast has been recognized five times as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals for patient satisfaction by Truven Health Analytics and ranked multiple times as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery. The hospital has been recognized nationally with Clinical Excellence Awards for Labor and Delivery, Gynecologic and Spine Surgery, Intensive Care and Emergency Department services.
Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast is a nationally recognized 76-bed community hospital located in Miramar Beach, Florida, near Destin and provides compassionate, personalized healthcare services to residents of Walton, Okaloosa and Bay counties. It is the area's most preferred and respected hospital. We are proud to be a leader in state-of-the-art medical technology, robotic procedures and provide nationally recognized services for our community, close to home.
* Home to pristine white beaches and the iconic emerald waters of the Gulf Coast (consistently voted one of the top beaches in the country)
* Destin boasts North America's largest charter fishing fleet with over 150 charter boats in its harbor. It has the quickest and best access to deep water fishing on the Gulf Coast.
* No state income tax
* Schools in the top 15% in the nation
* Rapidly growing community
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
* Licensed Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Florida Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Board eligibility/certification in medical specialty required.
* Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
* Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Sacred Heart is a leading provider of high-quality healthcare to children and adults in South Alabama and Northwest Florida communities and operates Northwest Florida's only children's hospital. Our faith-based ministry offers caregivers the opportunity to flourish personally and professionally in a variety of specialties, including cardiology, brain and spine, pediatrics, women's health, orthopedics and cancer care.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.