Levine Cancer Institute, a part of Atrium Health, is currently seeking to add a fully licensed Clinical Psychologist to its Psycho-Oncology team within the department of Supportive Oncology in the Charlotte-metro area. Current Post Doctoral Psychology Fellows who are eligible for NC licensure will also be considered and encouraged to apply. Our team is comprised of psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, social workers, and dedicated nursing support.
Qualified Candidates Will Be:
About the Opportunity:
- A PhD or PsyD in Clinical or Health Psychology
- Experience with Health Psychology preferred, particularly Psycho-Oncology
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in North Carolina
- Full-time, outpatient opportunity that includes a combination of clinical and academic work
- Conduct comprehensive diagnostic evaluations for new patients with recommendations and treatment planning
- Provide evidence-based psychotherapy for patients with cancer targeting a variety of concerns such as depression, anxiety, adjustment to illness, sleep disturbance, sexual health concerns, and health behavior change
- Provide education to supportive oncology department and associated training programs
- Close collaboration with co-located multi-disciplinary psycho-oncology team (including internal medicine/psychiatry physicians, nursing, social work, psychotherapists) and co-located supportive oncology services (palliative care, integrative medicine, neuropsychology, PT/OT, physiatry, survivorship, spiritual care, nursing navigation)
- Opportunity for research, if desired, with access to comprehensive cancer center, multidisciplinary team, biostatistics, support services and resources through Wake Forest
- Opportunity for programmatic development, if desired
- Allotment for CE and conference travel
- Schedule is Mon-Fri, with clinical responsibilities from 9am – 4pm. ½ day per week administrative time. 1 virtual day, if desired[SA1]
- Academic appointment opportunity with Wake Forest School of Medicine
- No weekends, no nights and no call
About Levine Cancer Institute:
The Levine Cancer Institute of Atrium Health is a unique institution designed with the innovative vision to deliver outstanding cancer care across the Carolinas, building upon its strong network of affiliated hospitals and providers. At LCI, there are more than 200 oncologists experienced in treating the full spectrum of solid tumor and blood cancers. With training from some of the nation’s best cancer programs and expertise in treating even the rarest and most challenging cases, our specialists have the knowledge and skill needed to best treat our patients.
About Atrium Health:
Atrium Health is the second largest non-profit healthcare system in the United States, and its cancer programs serve 4.7 million people across the Carolinas with 14 thousand new cases diagnosed annually. The Institute provides the headquarters in Charlotte, where specialized clinical activity interface with extensive research and educational endeavors.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.