UVA Community Health is seeking to employ a full or part-time Nocturnist to join our rapidly growing team at Culpeper Medical Center. UVA Community Health is welcoming a new era in healthcare where achieving good health is just the beginning.
- Provide inpatient care at the Clinic (from admission to discharge) for patients of participating members of the Hospital s Medical Staff and for all unassigned patients admitted through the Hospital s Emergency Department
- Closed ICU
- Average daily census is 27.2
- 7pm - 7am shifts, with a lot of flexibility
- Participate in the admission of other patients to the Hospital as reasonably requested
- Render appropriate treatment to each patient seeking medical treatment through the hospitalist program at Hospital
- Provide patient care as necessary in connection with in-house emergencies
- Respond to codes and other emergencies of patients in Hospital
- Onsite ancillary services and equipment include RT, GI, Cariology, Social Workers, MRI, CT, Xrays
- Upon request, provide clinical consultations for the Behavioral Health Service, the Med/Surg Service or other service lines so long as the consult is appropriate to the scope of a hospitalist
- Upon request, provide consultations in response to any request by any physician in the Emergency Department of the Hospital or any physician for any inpatient so long as the consult is appropriate to the scope of practice of a hospitalist
- Upon request, provide observation care, over-reads of EKGs, and perform other diagnostics test appropriate to the scope of practice of a hospitalist
- Participate in any of Employer s or Hospital s quality assurance programs, in order to demonstrate that performance expectations have been satisfied
- Perform other services as reasonably requested by Employer or UVA Inpatient Medicine Leadership
- No call after shift is complete
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine required; Completion of an accredited residency program required; For specialty physicians - completion of an accredited fellowship program specific to medical specialty
- Licensure: Current MD license in Virginia; Board certification or eligibility; Current DEA license required
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, sign on bonus, student loan reimbursement, relocation, CME and generous paid time off
We believe in caring for the whole person by getting to know them, having conversations and making personal connections. Culpeper Medical Center proudly serves the growing and diverse northern Virginia community through an integrated network of inpatient and outpatient services and programs. Our campus is home to our 70-bed, community hospital, Family Birth Center and 24/7 emergency department.
Being part of the UVA Health System--nationally recognized for safety, quality and leading-edge healthcare means we ve become an even better partner for our patients and their families. We ve invested in our facilities, services, technology and experts like never before. And we re committed to continually advancing care for our communities.