- A very supportive and collaborative staff of 8 physicians (2 additional physicians joining Fall of 2024) and 5 advanced practitioners
- Ability to build an immediate and robust patient panel with OB patients (over 3500 births/year)
- Ability to see 24 - 32 patients a day
- Flexible schedule: 4 10 hour days or 5 8 hour days
- Collegial environment which fosters growth and specific area of interest (Uro Gyn, Robotics, etc.)
- Physician will participate in GYN Beeper Call and Office OB Doctor of the Day in equal share with physicians with the practice location.
- Active participation in a Collaborative Care Model for in-house coverage of Labor & Delivery in participation with all Women's Health Service providers.
The Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Malpractice insurance & Tail Coverage
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Residency/Fellowship Stipend
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B & Green Card Support
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- Supportive health system to advance goals
Reading Hospital is a 697-bed nonprofit teaching hospital that provides high quality healthcare, cutting-edge technology, and experienced, caring medical professionals. As the nationally recognized, Magnet designated flagship institution of Tower Health, Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers and services, including the McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, one of the state s busiest Emergency Departments and a Level I Trauma Center, and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers and services, was named one of America s 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades , and has been ranked as one of the Top Ten Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report the second year in a row.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America s 50 Best Hospitals Award (2022-2023)
- America s 100 Best Hospitals Award (2017-2022)
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 1 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
- U.S. News & World Report Names Reading Hospital a High Performing Hospital for Maternity
- Reading Hospital Named 8 Best Hospital in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Report
- Reading Hospital Recognized on Newsweek s World s Best Hospitals (92nd) 2021 List
- Reading Hospital Recognized for Excellence in Lactation Care
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Committee on Stereotactic Breast Biopsy for Mammotest
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is within driving distance of major metropolitan areas like Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
The Reading Symphony Orchestra and Reading Public Museum are considered among the best in the state. GoggleWorks is one of the nation's largest interactive community arts centers. And each year, the Berks Arts Council presents the largest jazz festival on the east coast. In addition, the Santander Arena and Performing Arts Center bring some of the world s top acts to Reading.
The great outdoors is right in your backyard, including the National Scenic Appalachian Trail, Blue Marsh Lake, French Creek State Park, and the Hawk Mountain Sanctuary. And you'll find lakes for boating, swimming, ice fishing, and skating. Reading also ranks fourth nationwide in minor-league sports markets, hosting our own minor league hockey (Reading Royals) and baseball (Reading Fightin Phils) teams.