Prisma Health Medical Group-Upstate Department of Pediatrics and the University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Greenville seek a BC/BE pediatric neurologist to provide care to patients in the Upstate of South Carolina.
- Responsibilities include teaching as a faculty member of University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Greenville at the Assistant or Associate Professor level with rank and salary commensurate with experience.
- The Pediatric Neurology division is comprised of six full-time pediatric neurologists and one APP. The call is shared equally and would be equivalent to 1:7.
- The group is currently comprised of four neurologists with specialty experience and boarded in epilepsy. Additional expertise in neuromuscular diseases would be preferred.
- Support to the pediatric neurologists is currently provided by four registered nurses dedicated to pediatric neurology who manage telephone calls and patient questions, paperwork, insurance coverage, and other requirements for patient care.
- The division participates in multidisciplinary clinics including the Muscular Dystrophy Association Care Center, multidisciplinary tone clinic, Rett s syndrome clinic, and neurocutaneous disorders clinic. All pediatric subspecialties are represented in the Pediatrics department at Prisma Health Upstate.
- There is a National Association Epilepsy Center level III epilepsy monitoring unit shared with the adult neurology team. This includes epilepsy conferences and encourages shared decision making.
- Competitive salary
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit www.PrismaHealth.org.
Greenville, South Carolina is a beautiful place to live and work and the catchment area is 1.3 million people. Greenville is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Ideally situated near beautiful mountains, beaches, and lakes, we enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life, and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Lexy Doane, Physician Recruitment, Lexy.Doane@prismahealth.org