Job Description & Requirements
Consult Liaison Psychiatry Faculty
The College of Community Health Sciences at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa seeks an Assistant Professor/Associate Professor of Psychiatry. The position offers a unique opportunity to help establish a psychiatry residency program in an underserved area while enjoying the benefits of living in a vibrant university town with an affordable cost of living. The work environment is focused on its mission and is highly relaxed. The consultation liaison role is centered on adult care and leadership roles are also available. As the department and program expand, new opportunities will continue to arise. Candidates must be MDs or DOs and board-eligible or board-certified in Psychiatric Medicine.Opportunity Highlights
- Make a critical impact by addressing a significant community need in an underserved area
- Explore diverse practice options, fostering a high potential for creativity and a wide range of experiences in a smaller, more personalized setting
- Participate in a burgeoning residency program with exceptional prospects for professional growth as a faculty member
- Benefit from a flexible scheduling model that encourages work-life balance
- Embrace a supportive culture that empowers you to pursue your professional aspirations independently and with flexibility
- Contribute to advancements in the field by engaging in clinical trials and research activities
- Pursue available leadership roles and anticipate new opportunities as the department and program continue to expand and evolve
Tuscaloosa, AL, has something for everyone. From its vibrant downtown to its legendary history, you ll find a beautiful, clean southern setting with a small-town feel all with the amenities of a larger urban area. This energetic college town boasts excellent public and private schools and abundant recreational and entertainment options.
Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- Tuscaloosa has an exceptional livability score for 2023 (Area Vibes)
- Alabama is a Best Place to practice in 2023 (Medscape)
- Cost of living over 11% below the national average
- Walkable downtown complete with live music, locally owned shops, outdoor spaces to explore, and local restaurants to meet every palate
- A variety of housing options, from suburban to rural, along with excellent public and private schools.
- A wealth of recreational and entertainment options, with access to Gulf Coast beaches, major cities like Nashville, New Orleans, and Atlanta, and the excitement of SEC athletics
- A brand new basketball complex is being constructed for the university
- Sports Illustrated is building a new resort in Tuscaloosa
- Renowned for folk art and the blues, the city offers one of the significant collections of American fine art
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.
Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Md