SLUCare Physician Group, a member of SSM Health, is recruiting applicants for a full-time position at the assistant professor level in the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
Our team is committed to providing evidence-based patient care while teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
Clinical faculty activities are concentrated at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, the primary pediatric teaching facility for Saint Louis University. Our facility has 195 licensed beds and offers over 60 pediatric programs and services.
Academic time is protected and allows focus on teaching, curricular development, quality improvement, safety initiatives, mentorship, simulation-based education, and innovation. We collaborate with our medical and surgical subspecialities and serve as the primary admitting service for some medical specialties while providing consulting and co-management roles for our surgical colleagues.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide academic inpatient hospitalist services for patients at the hospital
- Participate in undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs of the Department
- Organize and conduct research or scholarly programs in pediatric hospital medicine
- Perform other duties of the hospital faculty member including committee assignments, curriculum development, student counseling and administration
- MD/DO Degree
- Eligible for Licensure in Missouri
- Board certified in Pediatrics
- 3 years pediatric residency
- Pediatric hospital medicine fellowship trained (preferred)
Our teaching is guided by our Catholic Jesuit tradition, balancing the science of medicine with the soul of it keeping people first in all we do.