The VA Loma Linda Health Care System is seeking Compassionate, Mission Oriented Primary Care Physician’s to serve our veterans at the Murrieta VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic.
The VA Loma Linda Healthcare System is actively recruiting Primary Care Physician Providers to care forour Veterans, America’s Heroes. This exciting job opportunity awaits you in our, state-of-the-art VA clinic in Murrieta! The clinic provides primary care, behavioral health, telemedicine, preventive medicine, neurology, infectious disease, lab, and audiology services. It is one of nine community-based outpatient clinics providing care to more than 80,000 Veterans in the Inland Empire. Community-based outpatient clinics allow Veterans to receive care close to where they live and increases access to health and wellness services. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Advises and clinically supervises the mid-levels (nurse practitioners or physician assistants)
- Advises and clinically supervises the medical students and residents (interns, residents, and/or fellows)
- Actively participates in Medical Center committees and teams.
- Participates in various facility programs, designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services, such as Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) teams.
- Identifies individual professional learning needs and participates in formal programs, workshops, seminars, conferences, as well as self-directed learning Activities. Completes facility wide mandatory education yearly.
- Provides quality patient-centered patient care to outpatients for adults and older adults age 65+
- Keeps informed of developments in the management and treatment of diseases and illness through continuing medical education, both formal and informal
- Successfully integrates patient care activities in Primary Care Services and other patient care programs at the medical center and in the community such as Social Work, Prosthetics, Home Based Health Care (HBHC), and private nursing homes.
- Consistently demonstrates expertise in diagnosing and treating seriously ill, multi-symptomatic patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation in CPRS in a timely manner.
- Includes patient/family/significant other/health care provider in establishing realistic, measurable goals related to health education and treatment plan and in planning care on a continuum; assists staff in the process of mutual goal setting.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates care based on the specific requirements of the patient.
- Assesses veterans by utilizing advanced clinical judgment and physical assessment skills.
- Identifies acute/non-acute/chronic health problems.
- Participates in grading sessions for medical students and GME trainees assigned to their services.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am-4:30pm
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a state territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completed Internal Medicine Residency Training.
- Preferred Experience: Must be board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Practice; Preferably 5 years of primary care experience; minimum of 3 years of Recent Active Primary Care Clinical Practice with women's health experience.
We Offer the following:
- Competitive salary Range: Starting annual salary $250,000. Pay Exceptions to salary range is authorized.
- Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): $25,000 for highly qualified candidates
- Performance awards: Receive up to $15,000 in additional annual performance pay.
- Regular increases: Receive cost of living increases annually and salary reviews and longevity increase every two years.
- Education Debt Reduction Program Eligible (Reimbursement Program, Pay off your school debt! Tax free): EDRP repays qualifying student loan debt up to $200,000 tax-free for up to five years.
- Liability Protection: VA physicians are covered under federal tort laws and may be defended by the United States against allegations of malpractice or negligence.
- Health insurance: With Federal Employees Health Benefits, choose from a variety of self or family health maintenance organizations.
- Dental and vision insurance: Under the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program, supplemental dental and/or vision benefits are available to you and your family.
- Life insurance: Plan for what’s next with Federal Employees Group Life Insurance, which is group term life insurance covering you and eligible family members.
- Pension: Your basic annuity is computed based on your length of service and “high-3” average salary and become vested in the Federal Employee Retirement System, Basic/Defined Benefit pension after only 5 years of creditable civilian service.
- Thrift Savings Plan (Federal 401k Equivalent) 5 % agency match: TSP lets you contribute up to $22,500 a year to your account. Become vested after only 3 years of creditable civilian service.
- Survivor benefits: Become eligible for survivor benefits after 10 years of service.
- Annual Leave (Paid Time Off): You will receive 208 hours or approximately 26 days of annual leave a year. Paid vacation, unlimited accumulated paid sick leave and 11 paid federal holidays accrue right away.
- Continuing education: As a VA physician, you can earn CME credits at no cost. You can receive $1,000 or more annually and five days or more of paid absences to attend CME courses (conditions apply).
- Credit for military service: Have you earned service credits from your time in military service? Don’t worry — if you move to a federal job at VA, you may carry over service time that is added to your total years of work for retirement purposes.
- Service without strings: Whether you serve full or part time, your employment at VA is “at will” and without employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive covenants.
If interested, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call 909-220-2510 and make a difference in the lives of our nation's heroes!