Allina Health Owatonna Hospital is seeking an internal or family medicine physician to join this non-profit regional medical center committed to providing quality, comprehensive care to patients less than an hour south of the Twin Cities, MN. The hospitalist position is days/evenings; night coverage is provided by a tele-hospitalist service, and clinical call is phone coverage only.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Collaborative and supportive atmosphere
- 7 on 7 off schedule with day/evening coverage
- Census average - 17
- Excellian, our EMR, is a software product from Epic and is considered one of the most comprehensive systems in the nation.
- Telehospitalist support for nights
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required.
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine required.
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- ACLS/BLS - required within 180 days of hire
Owatonna Hospital, located south of the Twin Cities, offers inpatient and outpatient orthopedic, general, urology, plastic, ENT and ophthalmologic surgical services; inpatient mental health; birthing center; emergency medicine; and rehabilitation services through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM. With 331 employees, 163 physicians and 43 staffed beds, Owatonna Hospital serves approximately 42,000 inpatients and outpatients annually. The hospital is connected to Mayo Clinic Health System Owatonna and Koda Living Community, an 80-bed long- and short-term care facility.
Allina Health is Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin, Allina Health operates in one of the nation s most vibrant, livable areas. A place where you can build the career you want and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, and being a part of the Allina Health team, please feel free to reach out to Sr. physician recruiter, Katie Fryer, firstname.lastname@example.org