Gastroenterology Clinical Director
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Join the dynamic and growing Emory Healthcare system (EHC) with more than 21,000 employees and 11 hospitals. Emory Healthcare is the most comprehensive academic health system in Georgia. Emory Healthcare has $3.3 billion in annual net revenue and $89.1 million in charity care. System-wide, it has 2,673 licensed patient beds, 2,800 physicians practicing in more than 70 specialties and serves metro Atlanta with 250 locations.
The Gastroenterology Clinical Director will be committed to serving patients, providers, staff, and the organization by:
- Partnering with nursing and administrative leaders to ensure quality, effectiveness, and safety of clinic operations, and professional medical services in the Division.
- Participating in strategic decisions that affect the practice (space planning, recruitment, etc.).
- Participating in the annual budget development process in partnership with the Division and Department Administration team.
- In collaboration with administrative partners, set clinical productivity targets and expectations on an individual basis and evaluate and address concerns throughout the year.
- Supervising professional practice operations and evaluating the clinical performance of providers in the Division.
- Work collaboratively/supportively with leaders from other Divisions/Departments/Centers, Emory School of Medicine, Emory Physician Group Practice, and Emory Hospitals.
- Making sound decision on resources, direction, individuals, and risks within a strategic view of Emory Healthcare and Emory Gastroenterology’s opportunities and challenges.
- Anticipating challenges, seeking and interpreting relevant information, making recommendations and decisions, learning continuously and sharing knowledge and insight with colleagues.
- Maintaining an active clinical practice.
- MD or DO
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology
- Eligible for medical licensure in Georgia and meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Seven years of post-fellowship clinical experience.
- Leadership Experience Preferred.
The Gastroenterology Clinical Director will be a trusted counselor and partner to the
Digestive Diseases Division Director, Department of Medicine Leadership, Division of Digestive Diseases Physician, Clinical, and Administrative Leaders, and Emory Healthcare Leadership.
The Department of Medicine, together with Emory University School of Medicine, is fully committed to the shared values of diversity and inclusion in order to achieve and sustain excellence. We firmly believe that we best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse group of faculty and staff promoting a sense of inclusion and belonging for every member of our community. This climate for diversity, inclusion and excellence is critical to attaining the best scholarship, teaching, and research.