SLUCare Physician Group, a member of SSM Health is seeking a pathologist to provide laboratory leadership and general coverage for two hospitals in central southern Illinois. Responsibilities include surgical pathology, cytopathology, and clinical pathology. As regional medical director, the pathologist will collaborate with laboratory leadership and clinicians on both hospital campuses. The pathologist will also have a close working relationship with the pathology faculty and departmental administrative leadership at Saint Louis University.
- Provides Clinical and Anatomical Pathology coverage as needed; provides diagnostics such as the presence and stage of diseases using laboratory techniques and patient specimens.
- Meets the obligations and responsibilities set forth in the Medical Staff bylaws of those health care facilities at which the Employer requires the Employee to maintain Medical Staff membership.
- Responsible for reporting any damage to or insufficiency of all furnishings, medical appliances, equipment, facilities and fixtures, including scientific equipment, upon discovery.
- Prepares and maintains medical and other records as described in the Policies with respect to the Professional Services rendered any Patient pursuant to this Agreement.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of anatomic and clinical pathology
- Knowledge of medical procedures and terminology
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Doctorate degree in medicine, BC in AP/CP, APCP board eligibility. Able to obtain a license to practice medicine in Missouri and Illinois.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, application, and current curriculum vitae online
Send inquiries and names and addresses of references to:
Katherine J. Robbins, M.D.
Interim Chair of Pathology
Saint Louis University School of Medicine