Great things happen for Psychiatrists like you who seek to put patients first. They find themselves at MaineHealth, Maine s largest integrated health system. Join us, and you will also find supportive, collaborative colleagues; strong patient/provider relationships; and comprehensive resources and advanced technologies, including fully integrated Epic EMR. Plus, you will experience the exceptional and rewarding lifestyle only Maine can offer.
The Regional Medical Director provides the medical leadership and oversight to the multidisciplinary teams in the treatment of patients in the Maine Behavioral Healthcare continuum of care and is responsible for quality assurance within the clinic system.
- The Regional Medical Director supervises the physicians and APP s who provide outpatient and ACT services in the two York County clinics (Biddeford and Springvale).
- The Medical Director also provides direct care to a panel of complex patients in a multidisciplinary model.
- This leader collaborates with leaders from the local primary care system toward integration of behavioral healthcare and primary care.
- The York County Regional Medical Director will join other Maine Behavioral Healthcare regional medical directors in quality improvement and access initiatives toward a consistent team-based approach to care for the MaineHealth system.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Graduate of Allopathic or Osteopathic Medical School
- Completion of internship and psychiatric residency and/or fellowship training
- 3+ years experience after residency and/or fellowship training
- Current and valid licensure as a physician by the Maine Board of Licensure in Medicine or eligible.
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, or be eligible for examination by the American Board as documented by written evidence
- Board Certified or board eligible in general psychiatry
- Current DEA Registration Certificate
- Meet other credentialing criteria defined in Medical Staff By-laws
The York County area is home to an abundance of attractions and natural beauty. Located just an hour north of Boston MA and minutes south of Portland ME. York County's convenient location makes it easy to explore all of New England. The ocean, mountains, lakes, and rivers are all within a short drive. Enjoy a tremendous work/life balance in Vacationland!
MaineHealth was ranked one of America s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America. MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to David Somers, Physician Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org