If you re a Psychiatrist with a passion for helping patients with co-occurring and substance use disorders, we want to speak with you!
Great things happen for Psychiatrists like you who seek to put patients first. They find themselves at MaineHealth, Maine s largest integrated health system. Join us, and you will also find supportive, collaborative colleagues; strong patient/provider relationships; and comprehensive resources and advanced technologies, including fully integrated Epic EMR. Plus, you will experience the exceptional and rewarding lifestyle only Maine can offer.
The Psychiatrist provides medical leadership and direct patient care as part of a multidisciplinary team. HUB Rockland is one of four Maine Behavioral Healthcare ambulatory specialty clinics across Mid-coast and Southern Maine that focus on the management of co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders.
Qualified candidates will work closely with the Pen Bay Medical Center inpatient units and ambulatory clinics to support patients across the MaineHealth continuum of care along with other regional entities, including treatment and recovery courts. Additional inpatient weekend and holiday call opportunities are reimbursed separately
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Graduate of Allopathic or Osteopathic Medical School
- Completion of internship and/or approved residency. Addiction psychiatry fellowship training helpful, but not required
- 3+ years experience inclusive residency and/or fellowship training
- Current and valid licensure as a physician by the Maine Board of Licensure in Medicine or eligible
- Certified or board eligible in an approved medical specialty
- Current DEA Registration Certificate
- Meet other credentialing criteria defined in Medical Staff By-laws
TEAM MEMBERS ENJOY
- A collaborative, innovative, and passionate team
- A brand new, best-in-class facility with tremendous growth opportunity
- Competitive salary and benefits package
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Provide psychiatric services for clinic patients
- Work with the clinic team to develop effective, multidisciplinary treatment plans
- Model and teach treatment strategies for residents and fellows
- Attend team meetings regularly to review patient progress
- Work with the medical director to refine the clinic treatment model
- Maintain medical records in accordance with MBH policy
- Make available clinical data for research purposes as needed and performs research assessments as requested
- Perform clinical rating measures as part of the standard clinic/program routine (Parent rating scales, etc.)
- Use of electronic medical record (EPIC)
Rockland Maine is a vibrant City located in the heart of Mid-Coast Maine, on the Penobscot Bay, and is the year round home to 7,219 residents. Rockland is renowned for its importance to Maine s lobster fishing industry and its working waterfront both of which are supported by an expansive and picturesque multi-use harbor. The prominence of visual arts based businesses, institutions (such as the Farnsworth Art Museum and Center for Maine Contemporary Art) and practitioners has contributed to Rockland s reputation as a unique, creative community and the premier destination for experiencing visual arts in Maine.
Rockland has an incredibly rich history that underlies its contemporary appeal making it the unique and diverse city it is today. Central to this is the City s thriving historic downtown that has an eclectic mix of shops, restaurants and art galleries. Rockland is on the forefront of the local food movement and boasts a number of highly acclaimed farm to table restaurants and eateries.
Rockland is renowned for its traditional working waterfront and expansive harbor that extends 5 miles from the Breakwater Lighthouse to the North to the South End Shipyard and Snow Marine Park to the South. The harbor has facilities that cater to commercial fishermen, marinas and boatyards, marine based industries and recreational boaters and cruise ships. There are numerous waterfront parks and public amenities such as a boardwalk and harbor trail that provide waterfront access for residents and visitors. The mix of uses found on Rockland s harbor and waterfront is both an economic engine for the City and a feature of the City that shapes Rockland s culture, lifestyle and entices visitors.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America. MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare provides an array of services at our outpatient practices for adults, adolescents and children challenged with mental health, developmental disorders, co-occurring and/or substance use issues. Specifically, our Rockland location provides these
- Psychiatry & Medication Management
- Child Psychiatry
- IMAT Program
- Outpatient Counseling
- Therapy Groups
- Peer Support
- Case Management Services
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to David Somers, Physician Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.