Full-timeShift: RotatingLocation: Capital Region Medical CenterPosition Type: ExemptCompany Description
University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is a physician-led, internationally recognized healthcare system offering uniquely rewarding careers in major Maryland marketplaces. Create your future in a healthcare setting that is right for you and your practice. Become part of something greater by applying your experience, input, and leadership—as a clinician and healthcare expert.
Physician shall perform the following clinical duties:
- Provision of professional medical services to diagnose, treat, and manage the patients, including Obstetric and Gynecological services, in accordance with the standard of care;
- Provision of patient consultations at the request of certified nurse midwives, physician assistants, family medicine providers and any other provider requesting consultation for obstetric and gynecologic services for which the provider is credentialed;
- Completion of appropriate documentation of patient care services in accordance with applicable law and regulations and the policies and procedures governing patient medical records;
- Completion of appropriate documentation to support professional billing for these clinical services in accordance with applicable law and regulations and UM Capital Regions Health’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and accreditation standards including but not limited to maintaining the confidentiality of patients’ protected health information, in the performance of Physician’s clinical duties; and
- Perform other reasonable clinical duties as requested by System Medical Director for Women’s and Infant’s Services and the Director and Senior Vice President of Quality.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.