* Specialty: Pulmonary
* Subspecialty Interest: Critical Care
* Schedule: Full-time
* Practice Detail: Join a team of 20 academic PCCM faculty, 12 APPs, and 9 fellows
* EMR System: Cerner/Compass
* Facility: Dell Seton Medical Center at UT
* Location: Austin, TX
* Visa Eligibility: n/a
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension Seton is looking for an Interventional Pulmonologist for our Pulmonary and Critial Care Medicine team.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Seton to provide medical services to patients.
* Join the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division that covers the ICU and Pulmonology service lines at Dell Seton Medical Center and Ascension Seton Medical Center
* Academic faculty appointment through University of Texas Dell Medical School
* Very large Central Texas referral base
* Lung Nodule Program supported by a dedicated navigator and scheduler
* Ion Robotic Bronchoscopy, EBUS (radial), Navigational Bronchoscopy
* Work together with another established IP physician to build a larger practice
* Protected OR time for complex procedures: lasers, stents, and rigid bronchoscopies
* VA and VV ECMO support
* Educate and train Pulmonary and Critical Care fellows, IM residents, and medical students
* Able to work in Inpatient and Outpatient Pulmonary Medicine as well as Critical Care (ICU shifts)
* Participate in education and multidisciplinary conferences such as Tumor Board
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
* Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Texas Medical Board.
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations in Central Texas and four teaching hospitals, including Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center. Join us and create a career path you will love.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.