Prisma Health, the largest not for profit health system in South Carolina, is seeking a fellowship trained BC/BE Attending Physician. The appointed physician will be a fully integrated member of an expanding pediatric hematology oncology practice with 7 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners with an opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive, resourceful and friendly work environment. The physician will be responsible for providing specialized clinical care to patients with pediatric hemato-oncologic conditions, training medical students and residents and participate in departmental activities. The physician may choose to focus on clinical areas of interest to advance their professional goals including clinical and academic pursuits.
- Dual appointments at Prisma Health Children's Hospital and the University of South Carolina Greenville School of Medicine (commensurate with experience)
- Fully accredited member of Children's Oncology Group offering phase II/III trials and member of NACHO (North American Consortium of Histiocytosis)
- Strong partnership with Prisma Health Cancer Institute and in second cycle of multi-year NCORP grant which supports currently future divisional research opportunities
- Comprehensive Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC)
- Comprehensive Sickle Cell Disease program offering 'life-span' care to children and adults with multiple clinical trials (ASH Research Collaborative member, pharma-sponsored trials)
- Multidisciplinary AYA oncology program with medical oncology
- Long standing pediatric neuro-oncology and neurocutaneous syndrome program
- Robust multidisciplinary vascular anomalies program
- Large survivorship/late effects program
- Multidisciplinary care team with dedicated nurses, nurse navigator, clinical pharmacists, social workers, child life specialists, psychologist, neuropsychologist and clinical research team embedded within division
- Multidisciplinary medical team with pediatric surgeons, pediatric neurosurgeon, pediatric radiation oncology, pediatric pathology, hemato-pathology, pediatric radiology
- Separate inpatient unit and recently expanded outpatient clinic/infusion center; newly built 18 bed PICU
- Brand new Pediatric Hematology Oncology inpatient unit being built in 2024
- Philanthropic support and community engagement from multiple community organizations
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid Relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Laon Forgiveness Employer
- Epic EMR
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Prisma Health Children s Hospital is a hospital in a hospital composed of 72 medical/surgical beds including 18 PICU beds and a full complement of pediatric subspecialists. There is an 80 bed NICU and the system delivers 6500 infants a year.
Greenville, South Carolina is a beautiful place to live and work and the catchment area is 1.3 million people. Greenville is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Ideally situated near beautiful mountains, beaches and lakes, we enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life, and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Lexy Doane, Physician Recruitment, Lexy.Doane@prismahealth.org