UVA Faculty | Professor- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Virginia is actively interviewing. This primary inpatient position will emphasize management of patients following Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) during the acute/rehabilitation, subacute, and chronic phases of care.
- Leadership of the SCI Rehabilitation Program at UVA Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital (UVA-EH) and outpatient clinics.
- Year-round supervision of a Resident Physician.
- Leadership of an outpatient SCI Care Coordination Program.
- Dedicated Nurse Practitioner and RN Care Coordinator.
- Outpatient spasticity management procedures, including guided chemodenervation and intrathecal baclofen pump management procedures.
- Night and weekend call coverage UVA-EH on a rotational basis.
- MD; MD/PhD or DO doctoral level degree.
- Board-certification or board-eligibility by the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Committed to a career in academic medicine and interested in combining clinical practice with resident education and/or research.
UVA Supports Research & Discovery!DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION
UVA strives to be a leader in this regard by creating the incentives and opportunities necessary to help faculty and students work across departments, schools, and disciplines including by improving our research infrastructure and providing more common space for interdisciplinary collaborations.
Talk to us about your passions & goals today!
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
UVA s Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation strives to enhance the quality of life and functional independence of persons with injuries and disabling illness by ensuring excellence in rehabilitative care and management, training and educating persons in the discipline of rehabilitation medicine, and the advancement of knowledge through research.
Our department has an efficient, professional, and detail-oriented staff of 17 expert faculty who treat a wide variety of rehabilitation needs. Our residency training program strives to provide the finest education possible for the next generation of rehabilitation doctors who will enter the workforce.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.