University of Virginia - School of Medicine: General, Geriatric, Palliative and Hospital Medicine
The Department of Medicine's Division of General, Geriatric, Palliative, and Hospital Medicine at the University of Virginia is seeking Internal Medicine candidates to provide medical care at University Physicians of Orange.
The Assistant Professor position joins an existing group of Internal Medicine practitioners focused on providing general medical care to a rural community at a practice that is located within a commuting distance to Charlottesville.
- Robust RN care coordination program, diabetes education and nutrition programs, a hepatitis C treatment program, and a nephrology specialty clinic.
- Responsibilities will include diagnosis and management of common medical conditions and disease prevention.
- Supervision and teaching of medical residents during their ambulatory medical rotations; and teaching of medical students during their clinical medical rotations.
- Develop an established practice from the expanding population in our service area (Orange, Culpeper, and Fredericksburg).
- Attending on the general medicine inpatient unit at the University of Virginia Health System two to four weeks per year may be an option for the interested physician.
- There may also be support available for academic or research interests that meet the Department of Medicine s patient care mission.
- MD or DO
- Board-eligible/board-certified in Internal Medicine
- Committed to providing excellent patient care.