The VA New York Harbor Healthcare System provides care to eligible Veterans via 3 medical centers and 2 community-based outpatient clinics. The Margaret Cochran VA Campus is a high complexity facility located in Manhattan with a major educational affiliation with the NYU Grossman School of Medicine. The department of Veterans Affairs is currently hiring for a Full-time Body Imaging Radiologist & Nuclear Medicine at our Manhattan campus.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret imaging exams in general radiology (including fluoroscopy), body imaging (CT, MR, US) and in nuclear medicine (including PET/CT). Performs gastrointestinal and genitourinary exams with contrast material.
- Review radiology requests for appropriateness, respond to consults timely, prescribe exam protocols, review image quality and provide feedback to the technical staff, obtain informed consent, coordinate clinical care, communicate urgent findings timely, writes notes in the EMR, enters orders in the EMR, responds to clinical emergencies.
- Interact with patients to obtain relevant clinical history and physical exam findings within the scope of radiology practice.
- Provide clinical oversight of medication administration, including contrast material and other medications relevant to practice of diagnostic radiology.
- Participate in the quality assurance programs such as peer review and performance improvement.
- Participate in all teaching programs and in clinical conferences such as tumor boards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Service.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years).
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Residency Training: Physicians must have completed residency training, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Board Certification/ Eligible in the specialty/sub-specialty indicated in the announcement.
Manhattan is one of the state’s most popular cities. It is famous for its bustling city life, with endless entertainment, dining, career, and cultural opportunities The diverse population of Manhattan contributes to a rich tapestry of cultures, traditions and experiences. It is home to renowned educational institutions, providing access to top-tier education and research facilities. From Broadway shows to world-class museums, the city offers an array of artistic and entertainment experiences. Manhattan boasts iconic landmarks such as Central Park, Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty, adding to its rich history. The city provides ample opportunities for networking, making it a prime location for personal and professional growth.
Work Schedule: Variable. WHEN hours are presently covered by a teleradiology group. The radiologists alternate taking call in the event the reading service is unavailable.
Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
Guaranteed salary increases.
One full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at VA.
CME: $1,000 per year stipend & 5 days paid absence for conferences, etc.
Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
26 Days paid vacation & 13 Days paid sick time per year with unlimited carry over.
11 Federal holidays with pay
Federal Retirement Plan
Separate 401K with partial agency match
Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
Learn more about our benefits: VHA Total Rewards Brochure
If interested, please email CV to Hira.email@example.com