Lexington Medical Cancer Center is seeking a highly skilled Hematologist/Oncologist with clinical leadership experience. This Physician will serve in a primarily clinical role with the added responsibility of serving as Practice Medical Director. This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic and clinically excellent medical oncologist with strong leadership skills in a multi-disciplinary, patient-centric, and growing environment. Leadership experience is a priority, as the medical director will be responsible for clinical oversight of Lexington Medical Cancer Center s Hematology/Oncology Practice. Leadership responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, clinical workflows, educational programs, quality improvement initiatives, and advising organizational leadership on cancer program s operational and strategic goals. Experience with successfully mentoring physicians and clinical support staff is highly desired.
- Board certified hematologist/oncologist, MD or DO
- Experience leading a hematology/oncology program
- Academic and research background
- Excellent communication skills and ability to garner consensus among physician colleagues
- The weekly schedule will be a mix of managing the outpatient clinic and inpatient census, practicing hematology and oncology
- Clinical research is welcomed, where all physicians have a hand in at least one trial
- Tumor conferences where radiology oncologist, pathologists, and physicians will attend
- Oncology trained APP Support
- Call responsibilities include approximately a 1:9 Rotation
- Growing Practice
About Lexington Medical Center:
Lexington Medical Center is a 607-bed hospital in West Columbia, SC that opened in 1971. The health care network includes five community medical centers and more than 7,500 health care employees. The network also has MUSC Hollings Cancer Center affiliated oncology care, robust cardiovascular services, an occupational health center, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer s care center and more than 82 physician practices.
Lexington Medical Cancer Center s Hematology/Oncology Practice is spread over two floors on Lexington Medical Center's main campus. The state-of-the-art clinic features 40 exam rooms including 34 standard rooms and 6 procedural offices. There is a fully staffed central laboratory and in-house radiology team on the clinical floor. We offer some of the most technologically advanced, holistic, personalized care available as we work to treat not just the cancer, but all symptoms of the disease.
Lexington Medical Center s Oncology program has been awarded by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer the Cancer Center of Excellence and is 1 of only 4 hospitals in the state of South Carolina to be Quality Oncology Practice Initiative certified. Patient care and satisfaction is a focus and scores are consistently ranked in the top 15% in the nation.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits for our employees and their families. Competitive Day ONE Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement and Savings Plans with No Vesting Period
- 24/7 Live Epic EMR Support from Our On-site Team
- Relocation Assistance and Sign On Bonus
- Annual CME Allowance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- Life, Accidental, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability (after 90 days)
- Healthcare FSA
- Daycare FSA
- 529 College Savings Plans
- Adoption Assistance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- On-site Child Care Center
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Employer
- Health Directions Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts and Services
Additionally, all new physicians in the Lexington Medical Center network receive a marketing plan designed to introduce them to patients living in our community and assist the physician with growing a thriving practice.
- Affordable Cost of Living
- Close proximity to beautiful Lake Murray
- Family friendly community, Home to some of the best school districts in the state
- Centrally located, driving distance to 7 major airports
- Annual average temperature is 68 degrees in December
- 5 hours from Charleston, 2 hours from Asheville
Lexington Medical Center is located near the capital city of Columbia, South Carolina, home to the University of South Carolina. Enjoy SEC Division I sporting events, top quality entertainment at the Colonial Life Arena and the Koger Center for the Arts, energetic nightlife in the Congaree Vista, or stroll Main Street during the Saturday morning Soda City Market. Its central location, favorable economic environment, cultural diversity, and recreation opportunities make the Columbia area an ideal place to work, live, and play.
To learn more about Lexington Medical Centers Cancer Center, please visit: https://www.lexmed.com/medical-services/cancer-center/ or https://www.lexmed.com.