Glen Burnie, MD
Full-timeShift: DayLocation: Baltimore Washington MedicalPosition Type: ExemptCompany Description
Baltimore Washington Medical Center (BWMC), a member of the University of Maryland Medical System, and a leading provider of primary care in Anne Arundel County, is looking for a BE/BC Geriatric Medicine Physician to join its outpatient Primary Care group in Glen Burnie, MD. In this position, you will enhance and improve the care for older adults.
Adult and Senior care providers will:
- Provide focused geriatric consultation for evaluation of memory concerns to establish a diagnosis and develop individualized plans of care for follow-up, education, and support to patients and caregivers.
- Develop a personalized care plan, including preventative care and screenings
- Help evaluate a patient’s living situation and advice on home care options
- Partner with geriatric interdisciplinary team of memory care physicians, nursing staff, case managers, program managers, and clinic assistants in support of patient and caregiver needs.
- Collaborate with primary care and specialists including neurology in patient management.
- Physician and APP friendly, collaborative work environment
- Excellent opportunity for rising physicians and new graduates!
As a UMMS provider, you can expect:
- Market leading compensation with generous bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403-B with employer match
- Complimentary loan repayment consultation
Be part of a rich tradition of Medicine while shaping the future of care delivery.
Experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Top Workplace in the USA for 2021! As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
The University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center (UMBWMC) provides the highest quality health care services to the communities we serve. Our medical center is home to leading-edge technology, nationally recognized quality, personalized service and outstanding people. We have 285 licensed beds and we’re home to 3,200 employees and over 800 physicians. Our expert physicians and experienced, compassionate staff are connected to medical practices in the local community as well as at University of Maryland Medical Center in downtown Baltimore. For patients, this means access to high-quality care and research discoveries aimed at improving Maryland’s health. Our physicians and nursing staff specialize in emergency, acute, medical-surgical and critical care. In addition, our medical center is home to many Centers of Excellence, offering expert outpatient health care
- Possess a Medical degree, completion of medical residency.
- Possesses and maintains current Board Certification or Board eligibility within Geriatric Medicine
- Possesses and maintains current license to practice medicine in the State of Maryland required or ability to acquire an unrestricted license.
- Possesses and maintains current DEA or similar Narcotics and Controlled Substances Certification required.
- Possesses and maintains, if applicable, appropriate clinical privileges at a minimum of one UMMS affiliated acute care facility.
- Demonstrates meeting minimum CME requirements for licensure and board certification.
- Demonstrates appropriate qualifications and experience to perform the duties required of this position.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical, organization skills are required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.