General/Trauma Surgery at Platte Valley Medical Center in Brighton, CO.
Brighton, Colorado has that small and somewhat rural community feel while still only being approximately 35 minutes from downtown Denver. Visit the Chamber of Commerce site for more information about this lovely town. https://www.brightonchamber.com/about-brighton
As a General Surgeon you’ll work with 2 other Surgeons to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Here are some highlights you can expect.
- You would practice at Platte Valley Medical Center in Brighton, CO (Level III trauma center ~35 min from downtown Denver)
- Your hours will be Mon-Fri ~8am-5pm plus paid call
- 8 required call shifts per month included in salary with excess call pay over that
- Platte Valley Medical Center is a Level III trauma center with 4 operating rooms
- High acuity cases are transferred to Good Samaritan Medical Center or Saint Joseph Hospital
- Two Surgical First Assists available for the OR along with a Clinical Nurse Specialist and two Medical Assists in the clinic
- Mostly bread and butter general surgery cases, but also includes complex abdominal surgeries
Compensation: Our compensation package consist of an initial base salary of $418,625 plus a generous wRVU incentive. Additionally, we are offering a $25,000 Sign on Bonus plus relocation (if applicable). See the below benefits link for additional information.
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Current and unrestricted CO license or able to obtain
- Current DEA, ACLS, ATLS
- Board certified in General Surgery
- Minimum of 2 years practicing as a general surgeon post training along with level III trauma call experience (for privileges, must be able to provide log of 40 trauma patients seen over the past 24 months)
Additional Information and Links.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. Additionally, we offer our physicians:
- CME benefits of up to $5,000 annually plus 40 hours of time to take CME plus license reimbursement
- Front loaded vacation time with a total of 240 hours annually that rolls over
- An occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage. You would never have to pay tail coverage.
Platte Valley Medical Center is part of SCL Health (now Intermountain Healthcare), a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Platte Valley Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$1.00 - $1,000.00
We care about your well-being – mind, body, and spirit – which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers, and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.