Seeking a Medical Director for Radiation Oncology
The Dignity Health Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (DHCI) has created a best-in-class cancer program that offers a compassionate and considerate experience for patients, is efficient and effective, and respects and celebrates diverse cultures.
Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center seeks to employ a full-time Radiation Oncologist to be a member of our multidisciplinary programs at the DHCI and Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a current AZ Medical License or be eligible for an Arizona State Medical License as an MD or DO
- Be Board Certified in Radiation Oncology (or board eligible for new graduates)
- Have the ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at SJHMC and Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Be passionate about providing clinically excellent, evidence-based care
- Have an interest in clinical research and teaching
- Have acceptable references from supervisor, peer, subordinate and a registered nurse
- Willing to abide by and promote the mission and values of Dignity Health and CommonSpirit Health
- Demonstrate the ability to develop effective and respectful relationships with colleagues, staff, patients and other persons from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience with leading Radiation Oncology practice.
- Demonstrate engagement with strategy leading to the growth of the practice.
- All specializations welcome, breast and gyn preferred.
- Bilingual is a bonus!
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area, is the flagship hospital of Dignity Health, and a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health system in the US. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Dignity Health Cancer Institute, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, Complex Abdominal and Pelvic Surgery Team and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center. The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital. St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
We are offering a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes premium-free insurance options, a matched 403b, employer-funded pension plan, relocation allowance for applicable physicians, CME benefit, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance.