Lynchburg Hematology/Oncology Physician
Hematology/ Oncology at the Alan B. Pearson Cancer Center in Lynchburg, Virginia is seeking a board-eligible or board-certified physician to join diverse and passionate providers. The group is the community's #1 most referred practice.
Our Vision and Where You Fit In
Centra values integrity, excellence, respect, and diversity. As we pursue our mission to improve the health and quality of life for the communities we serve, we want to make certain we consistently reflect each of these values in our service and interactions with our patients, their loved ones, and others. We continue to demonstrate excellence as our leapfrog scores and gains over the past two years are impressive! You will find our non-profit, provider-led health system to be an organization that encourages collaboration, new ideas, and success. Every employee has a "voice" here at Centra, and our "just cause" initiative ensures that each person will be heard. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and less than 20 minutes from the Appalachian trail, you will be surrounded by beauty and endless opportunities for outdoor adventures. Our hospitality is notable. Our dedication to our mission of inspiring hope and advancing health and healing is ongoing. You can thrive and make a difference here at Centra!
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today s healthcare marketplace.
The recently renovated 75,000+ square foot Alan B. Pearson Regional Cancer Center, brings all comprehensive cancer services under one roof. Along with our excellent support from pathologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, interventional radiologists, general surgeons and subspecialists. Our onsite genetic counselor provides comprehensive genetic counseling and testing. Patients are enrolled in NSABP and NCI cancer clinical trials. Alan B Pearson Regional Cancer Center has a QOPI, CoC and NAPBC Accreditation.
Lynchburg General Hospital is recognized nationally for its oncology, cardiac, and neurosciences programs, as well as nursing. With 358 licensed beds, is an emergency and critical care center specializing in cardiology, emergency medicine, orthopedics, oncology, neurology, and neurosurgery.
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.
- Strong support from administration and leadership
- Seasoned nursing staff and chemo staff, Emergency protocols in place for ADRs
- Mainly outpatient
- Inpatient consults 24/7 avaliability, on call MD
- Staggering hours some providers arrive earlier in the day one provider stays until 6PM
- Opportunity for leadership role in practice
- APP oversight, 1 NP to 1 MD (goal)
- Very competent clerical and support staff to include oncology navigators, clinical trials, social work, financial assistance for patient.
- Strong relationship with Radiation Oncology, surgeons, pathology, radiology
- Tumor Board one MD represents Hem/Onc
- Weekly Breast Tumor Conference (1 hour) and Thoracic Tumor Conference (30 mins)
- Monthly GU Tumor Conference (1 hour) and GYN Tumor Conference (often cancelled for low number of patients)
- Clinical Trials
- PET CT on site
- Lab hematology studies
- Chemistries, urine, occult blood, iSTAT creatinine, HCGs, Mags, Uric Acid, Phosphorus, LDH
- Iron studies, ferritin and tumor markers are send outs
- Intensive onboarding program using the Varian documentation system, dragon dictation, electronic order entry
Physician Compensation & Benefits
- $500-$800K Salary for Perm Position & Lucrative Locum Opportunity in Clinical Hem/Onc
- Comp based on base salary, production, and quality incentives.
- 25K Sign-on Bonus!
- 4-day work weeks
- Call is 1:5
- 15K Relocation
- Student loan reimbursement (max allowed half of total loan amount and not to exceed $120K payable over 6 years)
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 401K.
- Completion of medical degree and residency/fellowship training in Hematology/Oncology.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
Our care givers at Centra are the most valuable asset we have, and it is our mission and commitment to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive environment. When recruiting and retaining talent at Centra, our hiring needs are based on matching a candidates job qualifications with our job requirements and department needs without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Be yourself. Be a partner with Centra.