St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals
is seeking a passionate per diem BC/BE Pediatric Pulmonologist
to join our dedicated team of physicians providing excellent care at St. Luke’s University Health Network/ St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital.
St. Luke’s pediatrics department is growing and expanding our offering of services. We are seeking providers who are excited by growth and new opportunities.Highlights include:
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology currently consists of an experienced pediatric pulmonologist and includes a dedicated pediatric respiratory therapist who performs a variety of airway assessments in our onsite PFT lab, as well as a nurse for comprehensive patient education.
- In 2023, St. Luke’s announced the establishment of St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital at the Bethlehem Campus and is a proud member of the Children’s Hospital Association, representing decades of growth and investment in pediatrics and the Network’s commitment to pediatric services.
- St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital and the Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, neonatal, emergency medicine, specialty and primary care providers spread across a variety of practice locations. The Network also has a robust base of family practice providers throughout the St. Luke’s service area (Pennsylvania and New Jersey).
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit is an 8-bed unit which opened in February 2020 at St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital, Bethlehem Campus. The unit is staffed by critical care intensivists and specially trained pediatric nurses and receives admissions from the Network’s 12 hospital campuses. The unit is also located adjacent to the 17-bed Inpatient Pediatric Unit allowing for easy transfer and collaboration across units.
- The new Pediatric Emergency Department is a 6 bed unit located within St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital and will expand to 11 beds at the completion of an ongoing construction project.
- The unit is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists spanning 40 specialty areas including pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics, plastic surgery, and more! Many are conveniently located at St. Luke’s Pediatric Specialty Center, the region’s only freestanding building dedicated entirely to pediatric services.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers nearly 5,000 babies per year.
- Surgical Level III NICU located at St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital, Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke’s Anderson Campus, and a 6 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Upper Bucks Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 320,000 patients annually.
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities