Guthrie is seeking a motivated Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialist
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Physician to join its Pulmonary and Critical Care team.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Were glad you are interested in joining our team.
Highlights of the Position
- Physicians cover pulmonary outpatient clinic pulmonary inpatient consults and the medical critical care unit/ICU.
- Call schedule will be split with coverage of the pulmonary and ICU services at night and on weekends.
- The Pulmonary/Critical Care Section provides medical directorship to the medical critical care ICU Department of Respiratory Care and the School of Respiratory Therapy.
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system top 1% of Epic organizations)
Work Life Balance
- Generous Paid Time Off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- $420,000-$450,000 annual compensation
- Meeting time - 4 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie's 6 residency and 3 fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Facility:
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
- Acute and Inpatient care
- Cancer care
- Emergency care
- Infusion services
- Labor and delivery care
- Laboratory services
- Imaging and Radiology
- Mental Health service
- Outpatient Therapy services
- Respiratory services
- Surgical services
About the Community:
Cortland, NY, is a city of 17,556 and home to a quaint downtown with a collection of attractions, restaurants, accommodations, and recreational activities. Cortland County is the Eastern Gateway to the Finger Lakes Region and is located midway between Syracuse to the north and Binghamton to the south. This area is home to two centers of higher learning, SUNY Cortland and Tompkins Cortland Community College.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care, Endocrinology and Hematology/Oncology Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
Contact Name: Krisi VanTassel
Contact Title: Sr. Physician RecruiterContact Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgContact Phone: (570)887-5203Contact Cell: (607)426-8088