Academic Opportunity at Level II Trauma Center in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a motivated Board Certified/Board Eligible Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Physician to join its well-established team.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Were glad you are interested in joining our team.
Highlights of the Position
- Teaching opportunities with our Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine residencies, medical students and Respiratory Therapy students
- Active lung volume reduction and interventional pulmonary medicine programs
- Active robotic bronchoscopy program
- Opportunities to build programs in key growth areas such as pulmonary hypertension asthma interstitial lung disease and/or sleep medicine
- Critical care and inpatient pulmonary care at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital a Level II Regional Trauma Center
- Outpatient pulmonary medicine practice co-located on campus
- Robust clinical research department with 41 active clinical trials
- Section provides medical directorship to medical critical care unit located in our closed 26-bed medical surgical trauma and CCU
- Epic EMR Guthrie is an Epic 10-Star health system)
Work Life Balance
- Annual paid time off paid holidays and sick time
- Shared call schedule
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical dental vision and prescription coverage and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Malpractice insurance provided including tail coverage
- Primary licensure and DEA fees (and renewals!) paid by Guthrie
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- 14 days CME per calendar year one week is convertible to additional PTO at your discretion
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation
- Early childhood learning center with designated spots for Guthrie employees
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Affinity groups available for personal and professional interests
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Facility:
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, PA, has received numerous national awards for the high-quality care it provides to patients. The hospital the region's only Level I Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical, and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level I Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
About the Community:
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care, Endocrinology and Hematology/Oncology Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
Contact Name: Krisi VanTasselContact Title: Sr. Physician RecruiterContact Email: email@example.comContact Phone: (570)887-5203Contact Cell: (607)426-8088