Job Description & Requirements
Vice Chair for Medical Education and Psychiatry Residency Training Program Director
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $139500.00 - $297200.00
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the renowned University of California San Francisco seeks a Residency Training Program Director and Vice Chair for Medical Education. The ideal candidate will be responsible for shaping future leaders in psychiatry and overseeing innovative education programs within a department ranked among the top in the country. This is an excellent opportunity to provide strategic leadership, have academic influence, and promote clinical excellence, all within an environment deeply committed to social justice, diversity, and cutting-edge neuroscience research. Over the past ten years, UCSF has made mental health, psychiatry, and the clinical and basic neurosciences a major institutional priority. Candidates should hold an MD or equivalent degree and be board-certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry.
* Elevate your leadership career at UCSF, consistently ranked as a top 5 medical school by US News
* Join the acclaimed UCSF Departments of Psychiatry, Neurology, and Neurosurgery, lauded as "Best in the West" by US News
* Spearhead our medical education mission, driving strategic and operational excellence across educational programs for faculty and trainees
* Be a part of our top 5 nationally ranked residency program in a leading department of psychiatry and behavioral sciences
* Work alongside thought leaders in a supportive atmosphere that fosters growth and mentorship
* Enrich your practice and expertise by experiencing a broad spectrum of clinical cases
* Engage in continuous professional development
* For an incoming leader with an interest, the position offers the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in a dynamic environment
Community Highlights Live in One of the Most Desired Cities in the Country
With an overall A+ grade (Niche), San Francisco offers a collage of colorful neighborhoods and stunning views. The vibrant San Francisco Bay Area is home to Wine Country, waterfront towns, gorgeous beaches, and Silicon Valley. Surrounded by natural beauty, you'll enjoy a remarkable quality of life in Northern California.
* San Francisco is a Best Place to Live and a Best Place to Retire (US News)
* Practice in the nation's No. 2 Best City for Young Professionals (Niche)
* Beautiful housing options and exceptional public and private schools
* Consistent sunshine year-round and endless opportunities to explore the great outdoors hiking, biking, fishing, camping, and much more
* Close to Napa, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Big Sur, and an array of beautiful wineries
* Unique sites include Fisherman's Wharf, the Mission District, the Golden Gate Bridge, and many more
* Endless amenities include world-class shopping and dining options, an international airport, and professional sports teams
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The department strongly encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply, particularly those who identify as?underrepresented in medicine.?The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
MD or equivalent;Eligible for a California medical license Board Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry5+ years leadership, adminstrative, and operational experience in an ACGME-accredited training program
Strong communication skills and leadership ability Demonstration of outstanding academic accomplishments and trajectory, which may include innovative educational program development, excellence in teaching, clinical leadership, or research
The City by the Bay is a favorite destination for travelers who thrive on fun, excitement and endless variety. Away from work, travelers have the chance to ferry across the bay to Alcatraz, explore Chinatown, stroll along the lively Embarcadero, drive through the wine country and, of course, feast on San Francisco's famous cracked crab and sourdough bread.
About the Company
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.
Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Md