This position is charged with the efficient and effective provision of emergency care services in the Emergency Department of Preston Memorial Hospital consistent with established policies and procedures. The primary job functions are to resuscitate or stabilize patients and refer them to the appropriate medical departments for further evaluation.
As Medical Director, this position is responsible for the overall quality and safety of care delivered to patients within the Emergency Department. The Medical Director duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate communication and be a liaison between the Department, Hospital Administration, and medical staff
- Participate in medical staff committees and Hospital leadership activities
- Review physician performance in connection with medical staff appointment, quality, and efficiency activities
- Provide continuing education related to Practice Specialty for physicians, nurses, patients, and community as needed
- Work with Hospital Administration to assure compliance with federal, state, and other required regulations
- Participate in development, evaluation, and introduction of new services, equipment, procedures
- Support recruitment activities for medical staff and participate in strategic planning initiatives for Department
1. Completed approved Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy residency program in a specialty such as Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Surgery, or Anesthesiology resulting in board eligibility or certification.
2. Licensed as a physician to practice medicine in the State of West Virginia.
3. Member in good standing of the Medical Staff of Preston Memorial Hospital.
4. Credentialed and privileged to work in emergency medicine at Preston Memorial Hospital.
5. Hold valid DEA certificate without restrictions.
6. Current CPR certification.
7. Current ATLS certification, if not American Board of Emergency Medicine Certified.
8. ACLS and PALS required.
9. NRP recommended.