Join our growing Vascular Surgery practice at the Veterans Administration in Las Vegas, NV! The functions and responsibilities of the Vascular Surgeon include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct patient care in the outpatient clinics, in-patient settings, operating rooms, intensive care, and the emergency room settings.
- Vascular surgeon will be responsible for the initial evaluation and overall workup, history and physical, and admission of vascular surgery patients, as needed.
- Vascular Surgeon is responsible for final interpretation of Vascular Non-invasive studies completed in the Vascular Lab.
- Responsible for providing patients with education concerning their disease state and expected treatment regimen.
- Will contribute to the educational activities of the Department of Vascular surgery at the academic affiliate by working with and supervising fellows, residents and medical students.
- Referral, when indicated, of patients with complex health problems to other providers within the medical center or to other VA Medical Centers. Consultations with physicians and others , when requested to augment the care of their patients.
- Ensures quality assurances of the service and the delivery of healthcare by participating in service, and institutional peer reviews; gathering and responding to reports of contact, incident reports, signed statements, and customer service complaints; and, participating in root cause analysis.
- Participates effectively in team meetings and various committees such as treatment planning conferences and other required institutional assigned committees.
- Other assigned duties by the Chief of Staff within clinical privileges to meet the needs of the organization.
- Common cases include: arteriosclerotic arterial occlusive disease, venous insufficiency, varicose veins, cerebrovascular, AV (arteriovenous) access, and aortic and other aneurysms.
- Provides care of the Veterans' medical needs by performing examination, surgical consultation, and developing treatment and follow-up plans.
- Physician will provide ongoing patient and family education throughout the course of treatment.
Better known as the Entertainment Capital of the World with the Las Vegas Strip as its tourist magnet, this city has so much more to offer than the Strip! Living in Vegas with family is not only easy and convenient but fun as well when there are more than 100 parks to choose from. From skateboard parks and dog parks to disc golf and splash pads with plenty of opportunities for sports too. Picture a lot of soccer and baseball fields, tennis and basketball courts and youth leagues everywhere. The city anchors the Las Vegas Valley metropolitan area and is the largest city within the greater Mojave Desert. Hiking, climbing, boating, sightseeing Las Vegas is an outdoor enthusiast s dream! You ll love living in Las Vegas with no state income tax, warm weather year round, and the dining options are endless.