The Las Vegas VA is seeking highly qualified, motivated, dynamic Dermatologist to join our fantastic team!
Scope of practice for the Dermatologist physician include, but is not limited to:
1. Provides patient-centered, high-value, cost-effective, team-based dermatologic care utilizing both the art and science of medicine.
2. Perform various dermatologic skills and treatment to include biopsy and excision of skin lesions, cryotherapy, intralesional injections, chemotherapy of dermatological conditions, prescription of PUVA light therapy, etc.
3. Qualifies for a faculty appointment with one or more and our affiliated academic institutions.
4. Demonstrates ability to teach medical students, medical residents, and other students who rotate on the dermatology service.
5. Demonstrates ability to participate in clinical research and other academic activities as assigned, both within VA and our affiliated academic institutions.
6. Participates in hospital and medical staff activities such as accreditation requirements, quality assessment, quality improvement projects, committee assignments, etc.
7. Demonstrate interpersonal skills that enhance the effectiveness and accomplishments of the service.
8. Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
Enjoy the many benefits of a Veteran's Administration practice:
- amazing federal benefits program including a pension and thrift savings plan
- state-of-the-art medical facility
- collaborative colleagues
- mission driven organization caring for our nation's veterans
- world class dining, entertainment and recreation in the Las Vegas valley