Trinity Health IHA Medical Group is seeking an experienced, board-certified Psychiatrist to join our multispecialty group in Southeast Michigan to serve as the Division Head for Behavioral Health.
The Division Head (DH) for Behavioral Health (BH) will serve as the operational and service line leader for Trinity Health (TH) IHAs growing Behavioral Health Services Across the State. The DH is principally responsible for overseeing the clinical and professional aspects of the practices within their division and working with TH IHAs Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to help build a vision and formulate strategy for Behavioral Health and all practices within this section. The DH Collaborates with the CMO, CQO, Division Heads of Quality, Division Heads of IT, Site Medical Directors (SMDs) and Division Director and Associate Division Director to accomplish these tasks. The Division Heads dyad partner is the Division Director for BH, and they collectively oversee and are responsible for all aspects of practice operations, including physician and APP Recruitment. In conjunction with the TH IHA Site Medical Directors, the Division Head is accountable for financial performance, clinical quality, patient safety, patient, physician, and staff experience, and physician and APP credentialing and mentoring. In conjunction with the CMO and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the DH will help broaden the Behavioral Health Service Line and assist in developing and executing a regional strategy for such.
The DH role is 0.4 FTE and interested candidates must be dedicated to maintaining at least a 0.3 FTE clinical role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Leadership Responsibilities -
- Develops a Service Line model for TH IHA Behavioral Health
- Assures that all physician and APPs service patients and caregivers according to TH IHAs mission, core values, physician and APP compact, and priorities.
- Implements systems and/or programs that address quality, utilization, and performance opportunities.
- Promotes the professional growth, development, and success of Site Medical Directors.
- Assures that the Site Medical Directors conducts regular evaluations for each physician and APP and conducts TH IHA Site Medical Directors regular evaluations.
- Leads innovation in service delivery. Advocates for process improvement across the Division including a focus on improving patient, physician, and staff experience scores.
- Leads the recruitment process in conjunction with the TH IHA recruiter and plays an active role in the integration of new physician and APPs into TH IHA.
- Represents TH IHA in external forums that seek to improve the health of the community.
- Actively participates in Leadership Development.
Management Responsibilities -
- Supports TH IHA Site Medical Directors and their dyad partners in resolving physician and APP personnel issues in collaboration with TH IHA Human Resources and Administration.
- Works with Divisional Medical Leadership and Operations to identify Division needs and opportunities for increased service, quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Monitors access across the division. Assures that all Division and Practices address patients access needs.
- Leads and plans regular physician and APP subspecialty service line meetings for discussion and input into Service line, Divisional and TH IHA issues.
- Works with Site Medical Directors to develop Divisional and subspecialty service line work plans for the year based on the TH IHA yearly organizational priorities and holds them accountable to these work plans.
- Works with Site Medical Directors to improve performance against quality and financial targets.
- Participates in annual management peer review evaluations.
- Aligns Divisional goals with TH IHA priorities, Vision, and Core Values.
Compliance and Quality Responsibilities -
- In collaboration with the Division Head and the Divisional Operating Teams, ensures high quality patient care through a combination of quality improvement initiatives, patient care quality review and participation in the credentialing process.
- In collaboration with the Division Head, works to ensure that quality indicators used for recognition and developmental purposes are met for each subspecialty service line.
Communication Responsibilities -
- Communicates TH IHA priorities to practice leadership and service line priorities to divisional leadership. TH IHA. Facilitates effective communication with other Divisions and support services.
- Serves as a conduit to bring divisional questions and issues to the TH IHA Leadership and/or Governing Board.
- Attends all meetings as required.
Fiscal Responsibilities -
- Monitors key metrics across the practices, to include practice financial reports, physician and APP productivity. Ensures that variances are investigated, and corrections implemented as required.
- Reviews data and works in conjunction with the Division Head - Quality to establish annual incentives for all physician and APPs. Develops and disseminates standard reports. Maintains healthy financial performance of all sites in the division.
- EDUCATION: MD or DO degree and active practice in Behavioral Health
- CREDENTIALS/LICENSURE: Valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Michigan; Medical staff appointment at Trinity Health Ann Arbor; a member of, or eligible for, a faculty appointment at the University of Michigan Medical Center.
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Must have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience, with prior experience in leadership capacity consistent with the work performed at the Site Medical Director, Division Head, or Unit Leader role. Active practicing physician dedicated to maintaining at least .3 FTE clinical role.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Psychiatrist to lead our Behavioral Health team and be a part of a well-established multispecialty group.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Competitive base rate and compensation plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits; 403b, 457
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Profession Malpractice Coverage with Tail Coverage