US Digestive Health (USDH), one of the largest GI specialty groups in the nation, is currently seeking a Gastroenterologist to join our private, physician-led practice in Newark, Delaware.
Newark is very close to Philadelphia and even closer to Philadelphia International Airport. WITHOUT the high taxes of PA, NJ, or MD!Incredible location.
Our physicians live in Philadelphia, the Philadelphia suburbs, New Jersey and Delaware. These areas have some of the most livable suburbs in the country and the most prestigious public and private schools anywhere. Incredible place to raise a family.
Delaware also has tax-free shopping, some of the lowest property taxes in the country (if you’re looking to purchase a home), limitless outdoor activities, and easy access to the Jersey Shore and the beautiful and charming beach communities in the southern part of the state.
In addition to its close proximity to Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C., there’s also an Amtrak station in nearby Wilmington that offers a quick, comfortable ride to New York City and points south.
Home to one of the nation’s top-ranked main streets – which runs through the campus of the University of Delaware – Newark boasts an array of cultural attractions, including theaters, art galleries, and music venues, plus fantastic restaurants, brewpubs, and cafes.Other highlights of the position
- The hospital with whom they provide patient care is Christiana Care, a nationally ranked, non-profit, tertiary, research and academic medical center.
- Light call: You would potentially be 1:9 nights and 1:9 weekends. Physician extenders take the first call at night, see the consults and follow-ups, and work weekends.
- The office is well-staffed and provides excellent physician support - coordinators track down labs, schedule patients, anything you could need.
- Fast track to partnership in the practice and ASC, with potential for very high earnings.
- Work-life balance. Our physicians enjoy great pay, less time in the hospital, and lots of time off.
The world–class business management team takes care of all the administrative burdens, so the physicians can spend more time with patients – and their families!
- Flexible physician scheduling, controlled by the practices.
- You will receive up to $200k in Profit Interest shares (comparable to stock options) when you become a partner.
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of up to $2,500 until they finish their training.
- Paid maternity leave program.
- Robust health and retirement benefits.