ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Women’s Care-Ahoskie are seeking a BE/BC OBGYN to join their established women’s care practice located in Ahoskie, North Carolina. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Eastern North Carolina offers an excellent work life balance with mild climates, affordable cost of living, family friendly communities, and close proximity to the coast.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Roanoke Chowan Hospital
- Growing 9-hospital, physician-led healthcare system
- Established practice that includes 1 physician and 1 advanced practice provider
- Outpatient and Inpatient clinical responsibilities
- Full practice support by ECU Health Physicians
- Clinic Mon-Friday schedule-8:00 am – 5:00 pm -36 patient contact hours with 4 additional hours of administration time
- Call- 10 days per month
- Close proximity to Greenville and Edenton, NC and the Tidewater VA area
- Administrative Stipend, Relocation, Paid Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice, 401k matching/457, Medical, Dental, & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed, not-for-profit hospital, located in Ahoskie NC. This area features beautiful rural scenery and a climate conducive to year-round, outdoor activities. The 15-bed ER serves approximately 21,000 patients per year from the local community and surrounding towns. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services to its 39,000 residents in the four-county area.
Ahoskie affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Ahoskie unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, Community Theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- General aviation airport nearby; one hour to major airports in Norfolk and Greenville
- ECU Health Wellness Center – Ahoskie, a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields and picnic area
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. www.ecuhealth.org
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.