Located in suburban Kansas City, AdventHealth Kansas City is searching for a highly skilled and patient-focused OB Hospitalist.
Join a group of 5 OB Hospitalists and 6 Certified Nurse Midwives at the busiest Birth Center in Kansas City. Our OB Hospitalists care for unassigned patients who present at our Birth Center and serve as back up and first assist to the 70+ affiliated OB/GYNs who deliver with us. They also provide OB/GYN consultations to the medical floors and emergency department at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission.Employment Details
About AdventHealth Kansas City
- Base Salary (determined by the number of 24hr shifts worked annually)
- Full-time includes eighty-one (81) 24-hour shifts annually
- Retirement program comprised of a 403(b) matching account and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan
- Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage
- Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance
We are a not-for-profit, faith-based hospital system. With 3 hospitals, the Kansas City region is the fastest growing member of the AdventHealth System (53 hospitals nationwide) with a 4th
location opening in 2025. Our region serves communities in both Kansas and Missouri with our integrated network of hospitals, outpatient clinics, urgent cares, and other facilities that help our community members feel whole at every age and every stage of life.
- Shawnee Mission - Our region’s flagship facility is in the heart of the Kansas City metro and is our largest facility with a 504-bed facility that has over 20,000 inpatient admissions and more than 200,000 outpatient admissions annually. Recognized as a regional leader in women’s health services. Our Birth Center is top-rated in Kansas City delivering over 5,000 babies each year.
- South Overland Park – The newest hospital in our region, this 85-bed facility opened in 2021 adding a birth center, surgical services, ICU, heart care and more to serve the rapidly growing and affluent suburban community.
- Ottawa – Located just 40 minutes south of the Kansas City metro, it is a full-service, rural community hospital with over 90 years of compassionate care.
- Lenexa - Coming in 2025, a first of its kind 25-acre wellness campus.
Located in suburban Kansas City, Shawnee Mission is one of the country’s wealthiest communities with beautiful established neighborhoods, upscale shopping centers, and nationally top-ranked public-school systems. It sits in the heart of Johnson County, which offers an extensive park and trail system that includes 24 trails extending over 98 miles. The Kansas City area is home to great professional and college sports teams and is the host of the FIFA World Cup in 2026. There is an incredible entertainment scene featuring the Kauffman Performing Arts Center, the Nelson-Atkins Art Gallery, and the T-Mobile Center. We are known for our World Class BBQ but also have culturally diverse high end dining options. With all the offerings of a big city, Kansas City has a small town feeling that our providers affectionately referred to as a hidden gem.