Ochsner Health and internationally renowned orthopedic surgeon James R. Andrews, MD have created The Ochsner Andrews Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Institute.
Building upon Ochsner s award-winning sports medicine program, which includes highly trained sports professionals like athletic trainers, physical therapists, fellow-trained surgeons, performance training coaches, primary care and physical medicine and rehabilitation sports physicians, Dr. Andrews brings his expertise, research, and education platform, newly launched as Andrews Medicine, to strengthen the best-in-class care for patients and athletes across Louisiana and Mississippi.
Ochsner provides the highest level of specialized care in the Gulf South, including joint replacement, a pediatric orthopedic program, orthopedic oncology and more. The new Institute will support Ochsner s continued growth and reputation as the Gulf South s leader of specialized orthopedic care for patients and athletes.
- Primary Site: Elmwood Hand clinic & Ochsner Hospital for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine with satellite locations at Ochsner Belle Chasse clinic and St. Anne clinic in Raceland, LA.
- This position is part of the Hand section at Ochsner Medical Center, totaling 5 surgeons and 4 Advanced Practitioners across the New Orleans market.
- 3 rotation days a week at ELMC location, two days at Ochsner West Bank, and one day monthly rotation to St. Anne clinic.
- Shared surgeon rotation call
- To start would have 4 days a week clinic and a day in OR until ramp, modifying as needed for growth
- Support staff to include an MA and with growth an SMA
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
Sorry, but we are unable to accept J1 visa candidates.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and providing a workplace that is free from discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, pregnancy status, pregnancy-related conditions, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, unemployment status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. These protections extend to applicants and all employment related decisions.