Lexington Maternal Fetal Medicine, an employed group within the Lexington Medical Center Network of Care, is actively recruiting a BC/BE Maternal Fetal Medicine physician to join our team of 3 highly specialized providers.
Lexington Medical Center is a 607-bed hospital in West Columbia, South Carolina. Anchoring a health care network that includes five community medical centers and employs a staff of more than 7,800 health care professionals. The network includes a cardiovascular program recognized by the American College of Cardiology as South Carolina s first HeartCARE Center. The network also has an occupational health center, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer s care center and over 70 physician practices. Lexington Medical Center operates one of the busiest Emergency departments in South Carolina, treating nearly 100,000 patients each year and performs more than 25,000 surgeries.
Lexington Medical Center is the largest maternal center in the state birthing over 4,000 babies a year and is voted "Best Hospital" and "Best Place to Have a Baby" by readers of The State newspaper and Free Times newspaper. In March of 2019, Lexington Medical Center opened the doors to the largest clinical expansion in South Carolina's history. The expansion included the hospital s Labor and Delivery and Mother/Baby departments; adding six antepartum rooms for patients who need extensive long-term monitoring; 16 labor and delivery recovery rooms, and a 20 bed all private room level II NICU with 40 beds, 24 hour neonatology coverage, and over 58 OBGYN providers on staff.
Our mission is the same as it was when we opened our doors in 1971: to provide quality health services that meet the needs of our communities. We believe that commitment to the health of our community really makes a difference and we show it every day. For more than 50 years we continue to service our community as a local, independent, nonprofit hospital.
Lexington Maternal Fetal Medicine provides a variety of services including:
- Consultations for high-risk pregnancies
- Co-management of pregnancy with primary care provider
- Preconceptual counseling
- Medical clearance for infertility patients
- Chronic villus screening
- First trimester screening detailed ultrasound
- Fetal echocardiogram
- Cervical and abdominal cerclage
- Not responsible for deliveries
- All consultative practice
- No mandatory in house call
- No prenatal care
- Practice located on main campus of Lexington Medical Center
- Physician Network with robust Primary Care and Women s Services
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits for our employees and their families. Competitive Day ONE Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement and Savings Plans with No Vesting Period
- 24/7 Live Epic EMR Support from Our On-site Team
- Relocation Assistance and Sign On Bonus
- Annual CME Allowance
- Tail Coverage for Medical Malpractice
- Life, Accidental, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability (after 90 days)
- Healthcare FSA
- Daycare FSA
- 529 College Savings Plans
- Adoption Assistance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- On-site Child Care Center
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Employer
- Health Directions Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts and Services
In addition to a collegial and supportive environment, excellent compensation and day one benefits our award-winning, in-house marketing services help you to establish a reputation within the community to rapidly build your patient panel to ensure you have patients from day one.
- Within Driving Distance to 7 Major Airports
- Safe, family friendly community
- Reasonable Cost of Living
- Central Location, easy access to mountains and beaches
- Average temperature in December is 68 degrees
- Located on the banks of the Congaree and Saluda Rivers, outdoor activities plentiful
- Home to nationally ranked, award winning schools
Near the capital city of Columbia, South Carolina, home to the University of South Carolina, enjoy SEC Division I sporting events, top quality entertainment at the Colonial Life Arena and the Koger Center for the Arts, energetic nightlife in the Congaree Vista, or stroll Main Street during the Saturday morning Soda City Market. Its central location, favorable economic environment, cultural diversity, and recreation opportunities make the Columbia area an ideal place to work, live, and play.
Visit our facility websites at www.lexmed.com or www.lmcphysicians.com to learn more about Lexington Medical Center.