is seeking a full-time BE/BC Pediatrics Nephrologist
to join our team in Oakland, CA.
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest multispecialty medical groups in the nation with over 9,500 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We partner exclusively with Kaiser Permanente Health Plan (KPHP) to provide comprehensive care to a diverse population of 4 million members in a fully integrated health care setting.
We are currently seeking a 3rd
BE/BC Pediatric Nephrologist to join our pediatric specialty department in Oakland, California
. The position is full-time, and the physician will be joining a team of 2 pediatric nephrologists locally at Kaiser Oakland and 2 additional pediatric nephrologists regionally as well as other pediatric subspecialists, case managers, social workers, dieticians, child life specialist, and support staff. Responsibilities for the position will include providing clinical care in both the outpatient and inpatient settings for the pediatric members of Kaiser Permanente Health Plan, and supporting and collaborating with pediatricians, adult and family medicine physicians, other pediatric subspecialists, Urgent Care and Emergency Department Physicians, Pediatric Hospitalists, Pediatric Intensivists, and Neonatologists to provide care for the pediatric members. In addition, the physician will help expand our inpatient hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis program and help build a CRRT program in collaboration with our PICU team. There are also many opportunities to teach and support medical students rotating through Kaiser Oakland and pediatric residents in our Pediatric Residency Training Program at Kaiser Oakland.Requirements:
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Board Certification or Eligibility
- Must be eligible to obtain a CA medical license or be currently licensed to practice within CA
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing. No RVUs!
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians who reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive vision, medical, and dental
- Interest Free Home Loan Program up to $250,000 (approval required)
- Relocation Assistance up to $10,000 (approval required)
- PSLF Eligible Employer
- Malpractice and Tail Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Optional Long-Term Care Insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including a pension plan and 401(k)
Oakland possesses the unique mix of vibrant urban lifestyle with quick access to nature. Foodies will love the Michelin-star restaurants, explosion of craft breweries, quick access to Napa wineries and Tahoe skiing. Night life boasts a vibrant music and club scene, and outdoors enthusiasts in the residency regularly take advantage of over 100 miles of East Bay trails for hiking, biking, and ultra-running just a couple of miles from the medical center.
For more information and to apply, please visit: northerncalifornia.permanente.org
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer | VEVRAA Federal Contractor