TPMG is seeking a full-time BE/BC Pediatrics Gastroenterologist to join our team in Oakland, CA.
PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGIST PHYSICIAN
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (Kaiser Permanente Northern California) Oakland, California
We are currently seeking a 7th BC/BE Pediatric Gastroenterologist to join our growing pediatric specialty group in Oakland, California. The position is a full-time position. Responsibilities for this clinical position include consultations in the inpatient and outpatient pediatric setting, flexible endoscopies, and diagnosing and caring for children with a variety of GI, liver, pancreatic and motility disorders. The candidate should have completed fellowship in good standing in Pediatric Gastroenterology at an RRC-approved fellowship program, and BE/BC in Pediatric Gastroenterology. The candidate should have excellent communication and teaching skills.
We are an established Pediatric Gastroenterology program based at our Oakland Medical Center, which includes 6 physicians, as well as case managers, registered dietitians, social workers and support staff. We are a fully integrated program, with electronic medical records, and an innovative and patient care focused environment. Our physician group cares for approximately 500,000 Pediatric patients in the Central Bay Area. The inpatient setting at our Oakland Medical Center includes a 24-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 35-bed Pediatric ward and a 12-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit staffed 24/7 by Pediatric Hospitalists and Pediatric Critical Care/Intensivists. We work collaboratively with our Pediatric, Surgical and Subspecialty colleagues. We have an independent Pediatric Residency Training program. We also work closely with our fellow Pediatric Gastroenterologists at Kaiser Santa Clara and Roseville/Sacramento Medical Centers.
The San Francisco Bay Area is an outstanding and beautiful place to live, with easy access to the San Francisco Bay, Pacific Ocean, Coastal and Sierra Nevada mountains, Napa and Sonoma Valleys, Monterey Bay, and more. The pleasant weather allows for multiple outdoor recreational activities year around. In addition, there are excellent cultural opportunities, professional sports and schools.
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,500 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California and an over 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care.
Is Board Eligible or Board Certified in Pediatric Gastroenterology and have or can obtain active medical license in the state of California. Should be comfortable providing inpatient and outpatient care as well as performing procedures. Must be willing to teach medical students and residents who rotate through our clinics and most importantly be willing to work collaboratively and collegially.
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing. No RVUs!
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians who reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive vision, medical, and dental
- Interest Free Home Loan Program up to $250,000 (approval required)
- Relocation Assistance up to $10,000 (approval required)
- PSLF Eligible Employer
- Malpractice and Tail Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Optional Long-Term Care Insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including a pension plan and 401(k)
You may also contact and/or send CV to Judy Padilla at: Judy.G.Padilla@kp.org or call: 510-625-5915.
For more information or to apply, please visit: northerncalifornia.permanente.org
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer | VEVRAA Federal Contractor