Caring for our Veterans is an integrated process requiring engagement across medical specialties and teams. Join our high-functioning, cohesive medical team as a Primary Care Physician at one of our Greater Los Angeles (GLA) VA locations.
Primary Care Physicians play a critical role in the care of our Veterans; responsibilities include but are not limited to providing comprehensive care from screening for mental health concerns such as PTSD, depression, and military sexual assault trauma to substance use/abuse; diagnosing primary care needs from acute to chronic illness to gender-specific care. Providing comprehensive medical care to a panel of patients, performing an advanced, thorough, and holistic health assessment, and determining the needs for, ordering, performing, receiving, and interpreting the appropriate diagnostic tests are all critical aspects of this role. Our Primary Care Physicians evaluate and treat uncomplicated mental health and substance use disorders, coordinate specialty care when needed, and provide preventative care for age-appropriate cancer screenings, weight management counseling, and immunization. In addition, they also analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources to establish a differential and working diagnosis.
Work Schedule: Monday Friday, 8:00 am-4:30pm
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Education: Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree in allopathic or osteopathic medicine
- Must be LCME accredited or approved by the Commission on Osteopathic College of Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association
- Must possess a current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a state, territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Residency: Must have completed residency in an accredited core specialty
- ACGME or AOA or
- Other residencies (non-US residency training programs followed by a minimum five years of verified practice in the US); must be approved by the local Medical Staff Executive Committee.
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of practice, but not required.
- Must be Board Certified
- Internal Medicine expertise
Benefits and Features: The VA offers all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance. The VA package includes:
- Competitive Salary Range: $230,000-$300,000, Final Salary determination within this range.
- Paid Time Off:50-55 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
- Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
- Benefits Include: Dental, Medical, Life Insurance, Pension, Thrift Savings Plan (401K) with 5% match, Survivor Benefits etc.
- Continuing education: Up to $1,000 or more annually
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program: VA employees are eligible.
- Education Debt Reduction Program is Authorized: Reimbursement program that repays qualifying student loan debt up to $200,000 tax-free for up to five years, or service periods.
- Service without strings: No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, restrictive covenants, or other significant restrictions on outside work.
Antelope Valley VA Clinic | VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care | Veterans Affairs
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions.
For more information send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to Schedule a Time to Speak With Me.