Family Medicine Residency Associate Program Director
University Medical Partners
The Stanford Tri-Valley Family Medicine Residency Program and University Medical Partners (UMP), a partner of Stanford Medicine, is recruiting a full-time Associate Program Director (APD) for a new Family Medicine (FM) residency program sponsored by the Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley Hospital in Pleasanton, California.
- The APD role begins in August 2024 to prepare for the inaugural cohort of residents to matriculate in summer 2025 and is a full-time position.
- The APD will have an affiliated academic appointment within the Stanford School of Medicine Primary Care and Population Health.
- The APD would have the unique opportunity to assist the Program Director (PD) in creating and growing a brand-new community-based academic residency program with the full support and resources of Stanford Health Care (SHC) Tri-Valley and Stanford School of Medicine.
- The APD would assist the PD in overseeing the administration, educational activities, recruitment, evaluation, and supervision of 24 residents in the 8-8-8 residency program.
- The Ambulatory APD will receive 40% FTE for direct patient care and 60% FTE for residency program-related activities such as clinical supervision and patient care with residents, curriculum development, didactic sessions, workshops, program administration, scholarly activities, and professional engagement.
- The opportunity to attend inpatient medicine wards is available if desired.
- This is an exciting and unique opportunity to build a new residency program affiliated with Stanford School of Medicine, a preeminent academic institution with established Geriatrics, Medical Informatics, Palliative Care, and Sports Medicine fellowships.
- Opportunity to develop and grow a unique community-based academic FM program in the East Bay that serves the local community.
- Outstanding support for research and education.
- Leadership growth opportunities.
- MD or DO degree
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Ability to obtain a Medical License in the State of California
- Vision for the development of a new FM residency program
- Advanced communication skills to collaborate across multiple disciplines to advance the program
- At least 1 to 2 years of educational and/or administrative experience with prior teaching experience in an ACGME-accredited residency program
- Commitment to representing the program regionally and nationally through promoting exemplary clinical practice, medical education, and scholarly activities
- Commitment to providing care to diverse populations and underserved populations
- Prior teaching experience or other GME leadership roles, such as roles on the Clinical Competency Committee, Program Evaluation Committee, or the rotation site director in an ACGME-accredited residency program is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development or the evaluation, teaching, and mentorship of residents is preferred but not required
- Competitive compensation package
- Base salary starting at $300,000
- Productivity Incentive Bonus
- Up to 10% Annual Performance Incentive Bonus
- Signing Bonus
- Relocation Bonus
- Forgivable Loan Program up to $200,000
- Robust benefits package
- Annual 401k Safe Harbor and Profit-Sharing contributions
- PTO plan includes paid Holidays, Extended Sick Leave
- CME allowance, compensated out-of-office time for CME activities
- 100% reimbursement of business-related expenses
- Multiple health plan options including $0 premium option
- Dental, Vision, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance
- Full malpractice coverage includes Prior Acts coverage, if applicable
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement
- We are a physician-led and managed multispecialty Medical Group
- We utilize EPIC Electronic Medical Records
About Stanford Tri-Valley Family Medicine Residency Program:
The Stanford Tri-Valley Family Medicine Residency Program is an 8/8/8 innovative academically rigorous community-based program with an emphasis on wellbeing and support. Located in Pleasanton, CA the goals for the Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley FM residency program are to address the national physician shortage, create a pipeline for primary care clinicians and community leaders serving the Tri-Valley region, and develop the primary care national academic leaders of the future.
About Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley Hospital is located in Pleasanton, California. The hospital has 167 beds and is a regional destination for subspecialty services with more than 500 physicians on staff representing 25 specialties. It serves the Tri-Valley and surrounding East Bay and Central Valley communities. Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley is the recipient of numerous awards and accreditations for outstanding care. The hospital is part of Stanford Medicine, which includes the Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford Medicine Children’s Health, and the adult health care delivery system (Stanford Health Care, SHC Tri-Valley, and Stanford Medicine Partners). SHC Tri-Valley connects the research, educational, and clinical expertise of Stanford Medicine to the treasured legacy of our community hospital and our deep connection to the communities that we serve in the Tri-Valley region and beyond.