Join a large health network that is a community hospital and a regional referral center, boasting more than 125 physicians who care for more than 140,000 patients each year.
Board-certified emergency medicine physicians are supported by advanced practice clinicians with emergency care training and specially trained emergency nurses. We have one of the largest emergency medicine residencies in the country, which gives us access to top emergency medicine trainees.
In an Emergency Medicine career with LVHN, you’ll experience:
- A large, multi-site employed group of more than 125 emergency physicians, including five toxicologists and more than 60 advanced practice clinicians.
- LVHN treats 300,000 emergency department (ED) patients annually in nine EDs (high-volume EDs: 100,000 patients annually; small-town, community hospital EDs: 30,000 patients annually).
- LVH-Cedar Crest provides the region’s only Children’s Hospital and PICUseeing about 34,000 pediatric patients.
- LVHN–MedEvac provides air and ground critical care transportation.
- Specialized trauma care is provided in our extensive trauma system – the only health system in Pennsylvania with hospitals to earn all four levels of trauma accreditation. Five LVHN hospitals have earned accreditation from the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation as certified trauma centers.
Benefits & Perks:
As a nationally certified Great Place to Work™, we acknowledge the dedication of our colleagues and offer a generous Total Rewards package that makes LVHN an even better place to work and grow your career. Explore our benefits.
- Starting Bonus
- Resident and Fellow Educational Stipends
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- CME Time and Allowance
- Relocation (if applicable)
QualificationsBoard Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or by the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM)Active PA Medical LicenseSound medical knowledge and clinical skillsGreat communication and teamwork skillsStrong work ethics and integrity
LVHN hospitals in the Lehigh Valley are the only hospitals in the region to have received Magnet® recognition five consecutive times since 2002. This prestigious recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center demonstrates our commitment to nursing excellence and quality patient outcomes. LVHN is home to five clinical institutes. Each serve as a hub for innovation, collaboration and education. Our institutes include Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute, Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute, Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence, Lehigh Valley Fleming Neuroscience Institute and Lehigh Valley Orthopedic Institute. LVHN is also home to Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital, which is the only children's hospital in the region. This hospital gives our community access to more than 30 pediatric specialties, Children's ExpressCARE locations and a dedicated Children's ER.
We've been consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the top hospital in the region and among the best in the state. We're also Great Place to Work-Certified™, which means an overwhelming majority of our colleagues have a positive experience at LVHN.
These designations tell you that LVHN is a great place to work from hire to retire. If you are someone who aligns with LVHN's core values - Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence – you will have a rewarding and successful career here.
Individuals are required to adhere to all LVHN vaccination policies in effect at the time of hire. Employees will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Please note that safety sensitive positions cannot test positive for marijuana or its metabolites, medical or otherwise.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.